Glass floors are sometimes required to have a fire rating when used as fire barriers to stop the spread of fire. The GPX FireFloor System meets ASTM E-119/UL 263/CAN S101 up to 2 hours and has the largest tested and listed individual fire rated glass floor panels for fully captured and butt-glazed fire rated floor assemblies.
The GPX FireFloor System features a single glass unit comprised of custom SuperLite II-XLF combined with a tempered laminated walking surface and a structural steel framing grid. All components of this advanced fire rated glass floor system is provided by SAFTI FIRST. It features a unique top-loaded design for easy installation.
Listed by UL and Intertek, our fire rated glass floor can be used for interior or exterior applications. Fire Floor System
- Largest tested and listed individual glass panel sizes to maximize the amount of daylight penetrating between floors while meeting fire rated requirements.
- Maximum individual panel area of 7,017.3 sq. in. (82-3/8” x 85-3/16”) fully supported and 4,763.9 sq. in. (67-7/8” x 70-3/16”) butt-glazed for one-hour floor assemblies.
- Maximum individual panel area of 7,179.9 sq. in. (96-3/8" x 74-1/2") fully supported and butt-glazed for two-hour floor assemblies.
- Single glass unit comprised of custom SuperLite II-XL combined with a tempered laminated walking surface and a structural steel framing grid. Both the glass unit and structural steel framing grid are manufactured and provided by SAFTIFIRST.
- Meets ASTM E-119/UL 263/ULC-S101 and blocks smoke, flames and radiant heat up to two hours.
- Available with a durable, non-slip walking surface with loads up to 100 psf.
- Modular system with a top-loaded design for easy installation.
- Can be used in interior and exterior applications.
- Available in multiple frame finishes and glass make-ups.