Model 700 Rolling Steel Fire Doors - FireStar®
Our FireStar® Model 700 Rolling Steel Fire Doors provide a practical and innovative solution to safety and fire protection. FireStar® doors can be drop-tested and reset at any time by anyone, thanks to a standard auto-reset feature. This rolling steel fire door features a forward-thinking design that outperforms industry standard fire doors in all areas, including auto-reset testing capability; smooth, quiet operation; and reliable, long-lasting performance.
The revolutionary FireStar® design uses a patent-pending planetary gear on the drop-out mechanism ensuring years of reliable service and drop-out performance. Factory-tested and approved for a minimum of 20,000 cycles, the FireStar® door can be used and tested on a regular basis without concerns of premature failure. Our rolling steel fire doors have been tested and approved to meet the requirements of well-known agencies, such as Underwriters Laboratories and Factory Mutual, and conform to NFPA Standard 80.
We incorporate one standardized component design for all FireStar®* doors regardless of size, and utilize fewer parts than other models. This helps to ensure more accurate installations and reduces the possibility of potential service calls in the future.
*Doors up to 24’x24’
FeaturesKey Product Features
- Max Height: 24’ (7,315.2 mm)
- Max Width: 24’ (7,7315.2 mm)
- Max Square Foot: 324 sq. ft.
- Material: Galvanized or Stainless Steel
- Curtain: Interlocking roll-formed slats with alternate slats fitted with metal endlocks / windlocks
- Operation: Lift-up standard. Chain hoist included on sizes that require it
- Bottom Bar: Two equal angles, 0.121" min thickness, to stiffen curtain
- Brackets: Enclose ends of coil and provide support for counterbalance pipe at each end. Fabricate of steel plates with permanently sealed ball bearing
- Counter Balance: Curtain to be correctly balanced by helical springs, oil tempered torsion type. Cast iron barrel plugs will be used to anchor springs to tension shaft and pipe 20,000 cycle
- Hood: Minimum 24-gauge galvanized or stainless steel hood fabricated of sheet metal, flanged at top for attachment to header and flanged at bottom to provide lonitudinal stiffness
- Finish: Rust inhibitive primer or non-galvanized surfaces and operating mechanisms. Guides and brackets will be coated with a flat black prime paint.
- Operator Options: Chain Hoist with gear drive reduction, wall crank box, motor operation, motor operation with electrical sensing edge, motor operation with pneumatic sensing edge
- Release Mechanism: FireSTar release mechanism standard on doors up to 24' x 24'
- Mounting: Structural drive, drywall over wood stud jamb, drywall over 16-gauge steel stud jamb.
*Maximum height and maximum width are independent of each other and may vary based on slat profile, material and gauge.
FireStar Door Control Devices
Chain hoist, motor and crank operation
- Revolutionary fire door control device utilizing a patented planetary gear arrangement to disconnect the operator and drop the door in the event of a fire
- Easy drop test and reset a fire door without resetting spring tension and rerouting cables.
Lift up operation
- Revolutionary fire door control device utilizing a clutch plates and unique counterbalance technology to drop the door in the event of a fire.
No. 2 - Standard: Curved-faced single crown slat. Available: Up to 20-gauge steel Up to 20-gauge stainless steel Pitch: 1.9'
No. 4 - Standard: Curved-faced single crown slat. Available: Up to 18-gauge steel Up to 20-gauge stainless steel Pitch: 2.8'
No. 14 - Standard: Flat-faced slat. Available: Up to 18-gauge steel Up to 18-gauge stainless steel Pitch: 2.45'
No. 17 - Standard: Flat-faced slat. Available: Up to 20-gauge steel Up to 20-gauge stainless steel Pitch: 1.6'
Warranty: 2 year limited
Door OptionsOptions & Accessories
- Operator Options: Chain hoist with gear drive reduction; awning crank; motor operation with electrical or pneumatic sensing edge
- FM label option to include hood with steel baffle
- Wind load options available
- Viscous governor, if required by size of door
- 22-gauge hood