Model 500 Rolling Counter Shutters
Wayne Dalton’s Model 500 Rolling Counter Shutters provide the perfect solution for smaller openings that require visually appealing access control. This shutter is designed to be utilized in those applications that incorporate counter tops or openings that require the shutter to rest on a sill. With several different modes of operation including lift-up, crank and motor, our counter shutter is the preferred solution for your application. Whether it’s a concession stand, accounts payable window, sports arena or school food service, Our Model 500 doors are the rolling counter shutters of choice.
High quality, interlocking slats are available in several materials for long-lasting durability. “Box” type guides are designed to reduce operational noise as well as to conceal the fasteners used to attach the shutter to the jamb resulting in quieter operation and greater visual appeal. The counterbalance assembly utilizes a spring barrel design which encases the mechanism while providing an axis around which the curtain coils.
FeaturesKey Product Features
- Max Height: 7’ (2,133 mm)
- Max Width: 18' (5,486mm) up to 20' (6,096 mm)
- Mounting: Face mount; between jambs
- Operation: Manual push-up
- Curtain: 2" galvanized steel flat slats (#17 profile), primed and painted gray, white, brown or beige; 22-gauge steel with alternating endlocks.
- Locking: Curtain to be locked at each end of bottom bar by concealed slide bolts.
- Bottom Bar: Single angle galvanized steel bottom bar fitted with a continuous vinyl bumper to protect counter top
- Guides: Extruded aluminum clear anodized with continuous wool pile strips
- Brackets: Steel plates, factory painted black
- Counterbalance: Steel pipe, factory painted black, of adequate size to restrict a maximum deflection of .033" per linear foot; oil tempered torsion type
- Hood: 24-gauge galvanized steel square hood; primed and painted gray
- Warranty: 12 months
The high quality, interlocking slats on the rolling counter shutter are available in galvanized steel, stainless steel or aluminum for long-lasting durability. The box type guides are designed to reduce operational noise as well as to conceal the fasteners used to attach the shutter to the jamb resulting in quieter operation and greater visual appeal. A square hood cover encloses the curtain coil and counterbalance mechanism giving a clean, professional appearance.
The counterbalance assembly utilizes a spring barrel design which encases the mechanism while providing an axis around which the curtain coils. Oil-tempered, torsion-type counterbalance springs are wound from steel, providing accuracy in balancing the door. A spring tension adjusting wheel is normally mounted outside the bracket on the end of the tension rod. An inside adjusting wheel is standard on manual lift up shutters and is available in limited sizes for tight sideroom applications.
Door OptionsOptions & Accessories
- Operation: Crank, motor, tube motor
- Slat options; Various gauges in steel, stainless steel, extruded aluminum; perforation (steel or stainless steel only)
- Finish: Stainless steel #4, aluminum anodized finishes, powder coat (RAL and custom)
- Locking: Slide bolts, thumb turn cylinder (interlock potion on motorized doors)
- Bottom bar: Extruded aluminum; tubular; sensing edge: electric or pneumatic
- Brackets: Stainless steel, aluminum
- Hood: Stainless steel, aluminum
- Other options: Operator controls, counter cutouts, mullion system, facia
*Aluminum shutters up to 18' wide. Steel & stainless steel up to 15' wide