VersaShield® Moisture Suppression Flooring Underlayment
VersaShield®s patented fiberglass reinforced membrane provides superior moisture suppression at a modest cost. VersaShield® is a dimensionally-stable, four-ply composite product, engineered as a moisture suppression system for all grades of concrete.
VersaShield® suppresses moisture migration from the top surface of the concrete for internal relative humidity levels up to 95% (ASTM F2170). Its low moisture transmission rate of 0.084 perms (ASTM E96) means it essentially blocks moisture to the ¬flooring system.
How VersaShield® Works
VersaShield®s polymer film coating on the underside of the patented fiberglass reinforced membrane provides moisture suppression. The unique mineral top coat allows the installer to adhere the chosen floor covering to the VersaShield® surface. VersaShield®s dimensional stability allows it to remain flat on the slab, so gluing VersaShield® to the slab is never required.
VersaShield® The ideal moisture suppression system for many soft and hard floor coverings
VersaShield® is ideal for use with most floor coverings, including:
- Carpet Tile
- Broadloom Carpet
- Engineered Wood
- Laminate Wood
- Vinyl Tile (VCT, SVT, LVT, SDT)
Refer to VersaShield® Product Bulletin HVP-101 for complete details.
VersaShield® Fast and easy to install
- Comes in rolls 5 ft. wide by 144 ft. long simply roll out the VersaShield®, cut to fit the space, and tape the seams with VersaShield® Seam Tape.
- Flooring can be installed as soon as the VersaShield® has been properly installed.
- Uniform coverage is achieved every time.
- Little waste and virtually no cleanup.
- Nominal subfloor prep is required fill cracks over 1/8 wide and grind protrusions flat.
- Quick and simple installation procedure refer to VersaShield® Installation Instructions HVP-102 for complete details.
VersaShield® Seam Tape is designed to be used with VersaShield® Rolled Moisture Barrier to ensure low moisture permeability along seams.
- VersaShield® Tape rolls are 2 inches wide x 180 feet long.
- Store VersaShield® Seam Tape indoors in a cool, dry area at temperatures between 60° F (16°C) and 80°F (27°C).
VersaShield® - Your best choice for moisture suppression in both performance and value
- TAKE DAYS OFF your project schedule saving up to 85% on time and money! SAVES UP TO $7.00 per square foot compared to the total installed cost of many systems!
- VersaShield®s installed cost is only about $1.80 per square foot.
- Finished flooring can be installed as soon as the VersaShield® is rolled and taped.
- Allows contractors to address moisture conditions in hours not days.
- Minimizes subfloor preparation and eliminates the need for shot blasting.
VersaShield® Ideal for planned flooring removal
- VersaShield® is an ideal underlayment for jobs that by design will likely be replaced or renovated on a shorter timeline than the typical lifetime of finished flooring, such as tenant remodeling, multi-use flexibility or interior design requirements.
- VersaShield® is not fully adhered to the concrete subfloor, the finished floor can easily be lifted up and removed.
- Reduces expensive and time-consuming additional concrete subfloor preparation costs (shot blasting, stripping, or scraping).
- No hard chemicals are required and demolition waste of a typical replacement job can be eliminated.
- VersaShield® benefits our environment and your project budget.
- Cost-effective moisture solution for owners, architects, and contractors.
- Suppresses moisture up to 95% RH in concrete (per ASTM F2170).
- Minimizes performance and installation variables with one consistent layer of moisture protection.
- Saves time and money. Can eliminate days from normal project schedules.
- Mold and fungus resistant (ASTM D3273).
- No odor on-site.
- Ten-Year Limited Warranty: Refer to the VersaShield® Limited Warranty for details.
VersaShield® is covered by U.S. Patent No. 6,673,432
Properties and Test Results
| Products V/S Properties || ASTM Standards || VersaShield VS60 |
|Roll Size||none||5 x 144 (720 sq. ft.)|
|Minimum Basic Weight||(ASTM D2646)||11.5 lbs. per 100 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Thickness||(ASTM D5729)||24.0 mils|
|Permeance||(ASTM E96)||0.084 grain h-1 ft -2 in Hg-1|
|Maximum PH Allowed||none||12|
|Mold and Fungal Resistance||(ASTM D3273)||No Growth|
Acoustical Rating - - using 6 concrete and 1/2 engineered wood, no suspended ceiling assembly
| ||(ASTM E492-04)||IIC = 51|
| ||(ASTM E90-04)||STC = 52|
For additional technical information, call 1-800-576-1636.
GCP Applied Technologies
4200 Santa Anna Street
Ontario, CA 91761
Tel: (909) 622-3537
Fax: (909) 622-3047
Tollfree: (800) 576-1636
Web site: http://www.versashield4floors.com