VersaShield® MBX Moisture Suppression Flooring Underlayment
VersaShield® MBXs patented fiberglass reinforced membrane provides superior moisture suppression at a modest cost. VersaShield® MBX is a dimensionally-stable, four-ply composite product, engineered as a moisture suppression system for all grades of concrete.
VersaShield® MBX suppresses moisture migration from the top surface of the concrete for internal relative humidity levels up to 99.5% (ASTM F2170). Its low moisture transmission rate of 0.044 perms (ASTM E96) means it essentially blocks moisture to the flooring system.
How VersaShield® MBX Works
VersaShield® MBXs polymer film coating on the underside of the patented fiberglass reinforced membrane provides moisture suppression. The unique mineral top coat allows the installer to adhere the chosen floor covering to the VersaShield® surface. VersaShield®s dimensional stability allows it to remain flat on the slab, so gluing VersaShield® to the slab is never required.
VersaShield® MBX The ideal moisture suppression system for many soft and hard floor coverings
VersaShield® MBX is ideal for use with most floor coverings, including:
- Carpet Tile
- Broadloom Carpet
- Engineered Wood
- Laminate Wood
- Vinyl Tile (VCT, SVT, LVT, SDT)
Refer to VersaShield® MBX Product Bulletin HVP-104 for complete details.
VersaShield® MBX Fast and easy to install
- Comes in rolls 5 ft. wide by 144 ft. long simply roll out the VersaShield® MBX, cut to fit the space, and tape the seams. VersaShield® MBX Seam Tape and 4 Double-Sided Tape (VSM-DS) must be used.
- Flooring can be installed as soon as the VersaShield® has been properly installed.
- Uniform coverage is achieved every time.
- Little waste and virtually no cleanup.
- Nominal subfloor prep is required fill cracks over 1/8 wide and grind protrusions flat.
- Quick and simple installation procedure refer to VersaShield® MBX Installation Instructions HVP-103 for complete details.
VersaShield® MBX Seam Tape is designed to be used with VersaShield® MBX to ensure low moisture permeability along seams.
- VersaShield® MBX Tape rolls are 2-1/2 inches wide x 180 feet long.
- Store VersaShield® MBX Seam Tape indoors in a cool, dry area at temperatures between 60° F (16°C) and 80°F (27°C).
- 4 Double-Sided Tape is required for VersaShield MBX.
VersaShield® MBX - Your best choice for moisture suppression in both performance and value
- TAKE DAYS OFF your project schedule saving up to 85% on time and money! SAVE UP TO $5.00 per square foot compared to the total installed cost of other systems! VersaShield® MBX's installed cost is about $4.00/ft2.
- Finished flooring can be installed as soon as the VersaShield® is rolled and taped.
- Allows contractors to address moisture conditions in hours not days.
- Minimizes subfloor preparation and eliminates the need for shot blasting.
VersaShield® MBX Ideal for planned flooring removal
- VersaShield® MBX is an ideal underlayment for jobs that by design will likely be replaced or renovated on a shorter timeline than the typical lifetime of finished flooring, such as tenant remodeling, multi-use flexibility or interior design requirements.
- VersaShield® MBX is not fully adhered to the concrete subfloor, the finished floor may be easily removed.
- Reduces expensive and time-consuming additional concrete subfloor preparation costs (shot blasting, stripping or scraping).
- VersaShield® MBX benefits our environment and your project budget.
VersaShield® MBX Benefits
- Cost-effective moisture solution for owners, architects and contractors.
- Suppresses moisture up to 99% RH in concrete (per ASTM F2170).
- Minimizes performance and installation variables with one consistent layer of moisture protection.
- Saves time and money eliminating days from normal project schedule.
- Mold and fungus resistant (ASTM D3273).
- No odor on-site.
- Ten-Year Limited Warranty: Refer to the VersaShield® MBX Limited Warranty for details.
VersaShield® MBX is covered by U.S. Patent No. 6,673,432
Properties and Test Results
| Products V/S Properties || ASTM Standards || VersaShield VS60 |
|Roll Size||none||5 x 144 (720 sq. ft.)|
|Minimum Basic Weight||(ASTM D2646)||12.5 lbs. per 100 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Thickness||(ASTM D5729)||28.0 mils|
|Permeance||(ASTM E96)||0.044 grain h-1 ft -2 in Hg-1|
|Maximum PH Allowed||none||12|
|Mold and Fungal Resistance||(ASTM D3273)||No Growth|
Acoustical Rating - - using 6 concrete and 1/2 engineered wood, no suspended ceiling assembly
| ||(ASTM E492-04)||IIC = 51|
| ||(ASTM E90-04)||STC = 52|
For additional technical information, call 1-800-576-1636.
GCP Applied Technologies
4200 Santa Anna Street
Ontario, CA 91761
Tel: (909) 622-3537
Fax: (909) 622-3047
Tollfree: (800) 576-1636
Web site: http://www.versashield4floors.com