ULTRA FLO® Corrugated Metal Pipe (CMP)
ULTRA FLO is a CMP pipe with a smooth interior that is the industry alternative to reinforced concrete pipe. The smooth interior improves hydraulic capacity while the exterior box ribs provide structural strength. ULTRA FLO weighs less than 10% of reinforced concrete pipe and comes in longer lengths, greatly reducing handling and installation costs. Lower Cost Alternative to RCP Storm Sewer Pipe
ULTRA FLO, a CMP pipe with a smooth interior, is the material of choice for storm sewer applications and a lower cost alternative to reinforced concrete pipe. The smooth interior improves hydraulic capacity (Manning’s “n” = 0.012, equal to concrete pipe) while the exterior box ribs provide structural strength.
ULTRA FLO is available manufactured with either aluminum or steel with a variety of coatings such as, Aluminized Steel Type 2 (ALT2), polymer coated, and aluminum to meet a wide variety of environmental and service life requirements. For projects with limited headroom, ULTRA FLO is available in pipe-arch.
Because ULTRA FLO weighs less than 10% of concrete pipe, handling and installation costs are greatly reduced. Aluminum ULTRA FLO has only 1/35 the weight of concrete pipe.
Lower labor costs also result from fast and easy joining. Contech Quick Stab® joints or coupling bands do not require special skills or tools. Twenty-foot standard lengths mean fewer joints and faster laying.
Shop-fabricated fittings save installation time in the field while providing hydraulically efficient junctions.
ULTRA FLO Pipe Features and Benefits
Exterior box ribs
Weighs less than 10% of reinforced concrete pipe
Longer lengths than reinforced concrete pipe
QUICK STAB and coupling banded joints
Manning’s “n” = 0.012, equal to concrete pipe
Shown to be equivalent to reinforced concrete pipe
Easier to install, faster installation
Fewer joints, faster installation, reduced cost
No special tools or skills required, faster installation, reduced cost ULTRA FLO Pipe Coatings
ULTRA FLO Pipe Properties
- Galvanized Steel - Pipe made from steel coated with zinc to extend service life. The most widely used and most economical metallic coating for corrugated steel pipe.
- Aluminized Steel Type 2 - Pipe made from steel that has been hot-dipped in commercially pure aluminum; offers 75 years or more of maintenance free service life.
- Aluminum Alloy - Pipe made with CORLIX® aluminum provides a predictable service life of more than 75 years; ideal for municipal storm sewers, underground stormwater detention systems or any standard drainage project that must withstand corrosive environments.
- Polymer Coating - Steel pipe with a heavy-gage polymer coating; protects against abrasion and corrosion to provide a service life of 100+.
ULTRA FLO Pipe Shapes
- Diameters 18”-120”
- Wall thicknesses of 16, 14, 12, and 10 gage
- 3/4” x 3/4” x 7-1/2” continuous rib corrugation
- Standards lengths are 20’-40’
ULTRA FLO Pipe Accessories
- Full Round - recommended for most applications
- Pipe-Arch - used in limited headroom conditions. The low, wide pipe-arch design distributes the flow area horizontally, providing hydraulic capacity without lowering the grade.
ULTRA FLO Pipe Applications
- End Sections
- Joint & Banding Systems
- MOBILE PIPE®
- Culverts, canals and ditch enclosures
- Storm sewers
- Stormwater Detention
- Reline for drainage structures and culverts