DuroMaxx® Stormwater Detention and Infiltration
DuroMaxx steel-reinforced polyethylene (SRPE) pipe combines steel and polyethylene (PE) to make an exceptionally strong and durable pipe for stormwater detention and infiltration applications. DuroMaxx is unique as it has fewer joints to assemble on site, can be made watertight, and can be used in applications with corrosive soils.DuroMaxx SRPE Pipe for Stormwater Detention and Infiltration
Eighty (80) ksi steel reinforcing (SR) provides the strength; pressure rated polyethylene (PE) resin provides the durability. The combination of materials results in an extraordinarily strong and durable pipe that sets a new industry standard for stormwater detention and infiltration applications.
DuroMaxx provides the lightweight, durability of traditional HDPE with the added structural strength of steel, making it the perfect choice for deep burial and corrosive soil applications.
DuroMaxx detention and infiltration systems can be designed with gasketed bell and spigot joints or welded coupler joints for increased water tight reliability. DuroMaxx is available in diameters ranging from 30 to 120 inches and in lengths up to 48 feet. Larger diameter pipe provides increased storage volume in a smaller footprint, while long pipe lengths reduce the number of sections to be set and joints to assemble. DuroMaxx Features - Benefits
- Twice as stiff as traditional HDPE pipe- requires less structural backfill.
- Corrosion resistant HDPE - can be used in applications with corrosive soils.
- Several joint configurations - 30 psi welded coupler (WC), 15 psi high performance (HP), 3 psi low head (LH) and soil tight (ST) joints available.
- 48 foot pipe lengths - fewer joints to assemble on site, resulting in faster installation rates.
- Lightweight - easily handled and quickly installed.