CON/SPAN® Concrete Detention and Infiltration
CON/SPAN is a modular, precast concrete arch system designed to provide economical, large volume stormwater detention or infiltration below grade. CON/SPAN’s distinctive arch top and vertical side walls maximize storage volume while providing enhanced structural integrity. Large Volume Stormwater Storage
CON/SPAN is a modular precast system designed to provide economic, large volume stormwater detention or infiltration below grade. CON/SPAN’s distinctive arch top and vertical side walls maximize storage volume and provide structural integrity. Combining the CON/SPAN arch unit with precast walls and cast-in-place foundations allows for an array of configurations to meet nearly any site need.
Construction of cast-in-place strip footings beneath CON/SPAN legs and end walls allow for a large open area in the center of each cell. These cells can be filled with crushed stone or granular material to allow for stormwater infiltration or recharge by percolating runoff through the granular material inside of the foundation.
CON/SPAN system provides efficient stormwater detention in a variety of footprints. Installation on a base slab foundation can be made watertight, which is ideal when dealing with high water table issues or subgrade soils sensitive to water infiltration.
COM/SPAN can be combined with the Stormwater Management StormFilter to provide high-volume stormwater treatment.
CON/SPAN Detention and Infiltration Features and Benefits
- Distinctive shape; arch top and vertical side walls
- Full range of span & heights
- Precast continuous foundation
- Manufactured in quality controlled environment
- Base slab, strip, or pedestal wall foundations
- Maximizes storage space; superior durability and structural integrity
- Versatile design capabilities
- Ensures structural integrity and eliminates differential settlement
- Superior quality over cast-in-place
CON/SPAN Detention and Infiltration Installation
- Foundation versatility
CON/SPAN Detention and Infiltration Maintenance
- The CON/SPAN precast elements are three-sided arch units that offer rapid set-in place construction.
- Systems are installed on top of cast-in-place concrete foundations. Precast elements are set in a keyway that is cast into the foundation.
- The system can also be installed on top of a pedestal wall foundation if additional vertical rise is required.
- Manhole and other access openings can be located in the center of the units or along walls to allow for ladder access.
- CON/SPAN can be equipped with a large opening between units that allow for maintenance equipment to be lowered into the system.