Woodtone began as a custom cedar coating facility in 1977, and for over four decades we’ve led the Pacific Northwest market. Our team’s expertise will guide you through a seamless process, ending in the most beautiful siding and soffit products available. This product is only available in certain regions
- Multiple siding and tongue and groove profiles available
- Consistent factory pre-finishing with 40 years of experience
- The knowledge of the best coatings for each application
- This service is for staining wood only (primarily western red cedar). We do not supply the substrate.
- Siding applications
- Soffiting applications
- Outdoor patio ceilings
- Interior ceiling paneling
- Interior accent walls
- Sanding of smooth materials is highly recommended, typically 60-80 grit via mechanical sanders. See coating requirements by coating company for confirmation of sanding requirements prior shipping to Woodtone.
- Custom stained cedar carries no warranty when coated by Woodtone.
- All material must be reviewed prior to installation. Woodtone will consider the installation of the product as final acceptance and will not honor any claims regarding said product.
- As a natural product, we will not support any claim submittals regarding natural occurrences such as extractive, knot bleeding, variations in grain and color, knots, mineral streaks, and pitch pockets.
- For each custom cedar project, a brushout created by Woodtone on the customers’ substrate must be signed off on prior to production. A liability release form will also be required.
- As with any wood finish, the species of wood being coated, the surface texture of the wood, the design and location of the structure, the proper preparation will all impact the longevity of the product. Natural wood materials require consistent care and monitoring and should be cleaned yearly. Maintenance coats are applied as needed, especially with transparent stains.