5P08H Crossbanded Structural Composite Lumber Core Flush Wood Veneer Door
Finish Type: WDMA TR-8/AWS System 9 (UV Cured Acrylated Polyurethane), Primed Factory Finish or Opaque Paint.
Veneer Match: Book match standard. Slip or random available if specified.
Veneer Face Assembly: Running match standard. Center or balanced available if specified.
Pairs and Sets: Pair match, set match available. (45-minute rating not allowed)
Doors/Transoms: Continuous match standard. End or no match available if specified.
Vertical Edges: (visible surface) Matching hardwood finished at factory (-2) with edge-before-face construction. Optional edges are: unfinished (-1) and stiles primed at factory (-9).
Cutouts: 5 minimum distance from door edge and the minimum distance between lite and lock cut out for 20-minute is 1-1/2 and 5 for 45-minute.
Standard Bevel: 1/8
Clearances: 1/8 top, 1/8 lock and hinge stiles. See NFPA-80 188.8.131.52.1, 2013 Edition. Bottom clearance 3/4 max. (bottom of the door to top finish floor) See NFPA-80 184.108.40.206, 2013 edition.
Security Rating: Class 40 (highest rating possible)
STC Rating: STC 33, see STC chart for requirements.
Screw Holding and Split Resistance: Refer to July 31, 2008 Customer Service Update #CS119F (www.vtindustries.com/doors/csupdates) DOOR STANDARDS:
- WDMA I.S. 1-A-2011 and AWS, Edition 2, Section 9 Quality Standards (Bonded Core).
- Top and bottom rails of door shall be factory sealed.
- Doors shall be clad in AWS/WDMA custom A grade wood veneer with minimum thickness 1/42 before sanding, with Type 1 adhesive containing no added urea-formaldehyde. Both domestic and exotic hardwood species available for transparent finish. Premium AA grade wood veneer available by request.
- Mill option paintable surface for opaque finish door construction will be 3-ply. HDF faces adhered to core material. No crossbanding.
- Positive pressure 20 & 45-minute Intertek/Warnock Hersey fire labels shall be available within size and usage limitations. Fire-rated doors must use approved lite frames. 20-minute available as pairs and single doors, 45-minute available as single doors. UL 10C
- Cutouts for vision panels shall be made at the factory and shall be of sizes and locations as indicated on the drawings. Factory finished wood glazing stops or beige powder coated metal frames shall be furnished for lite openings for 20-minute only. Louvers are prohibited in 20-minute fire doors and beige PC metal frames only allowed on 45 minute.
- Cutouts for vision panels shall be made at the factory and shall be of sizes and locations as indicated on drawings. See STC chart for lite sizes and glass requirements by STC rating.
- Hardware preparation: All cutouts for mortise hardware shall be made at the factory from hardware manufacturers templates and approved shop drawings.
- Doors shall be individually poly-bagged for protection in transit and storage periods, and shall be marked as per tag openings on shop drawings.
- Door bottoms, sweeps, thresholds, gasketing, lite kits and glass may be supplied by others or VT.