WPR400 Wireless Portable Reader
The WPR400 is a battery-powered portable reader with a communication range of up to 1000 feet. It enables real-time connectivity and is compatible with all AD Series reader heads.
The Wireless Portable Reader (WPR400) was designed to extend a facility’s access control to remote locations at a moment’s notice. It utilizes the same credential reader modules offered with an AD Series electronic lock. As a battery operated device, it can be held by hand or placed in a convenient temporary location to allow for credential verification.
WPR400 is designed to be intuitive to use and easy to set-up. When used within range, the WPR400 is ready to accept its first credential within moments of powering up and connecting to the previously paired PIM400. An LED indicator visually confirms credential verification or rejection in less than a second.
When configured and used in cache mode, the WPR400 keeps a local database of access grants for the last 1,000 valid users to allow use beyond range of the PIM400. WPR400 can also be manually configured to operate as a wireless portable tester. While in test mode, the device can be used to evaluate the location of PIM400s and AD-400 devices within a specific environment, or the existing reader module can remain installed on the WPR400.
Whether used for a check point or bus load registration, the WPR400 can be used to extend the perimeter of any facility on a temporary or permanent basis.
Features & Benefits
- Electronics bring more visibility and control to building security
- Real-time communication capable with option to configure to cache mode for offline use
- Unique communication protocols that won’t interfere with other wireless networks
- Secure encrypted data transmission
- WPR401 model is FIPS 201-1 compliant
- Open architecture platform is compatible with most major building access control systems
- Enables check point or bus load registration of large groups
- Portable – use anywhere within range of paired panel interface module
- Works with same credential used on the building perimeter
- Accepts any AD Series reader allowing upgrades to occur as credential system changes
- Field configurable to work as a wireless portable signal tester
As part of the AD Series of networked locks, the WPR400 can be integrated into leading access control systems through Software Alliance member systems.
- Industry Canada (IC)
- FCC Part 15
The WPR400 wireless portable reader is compatible with all AD Series credential readers.
- 13.56 MHz Smart or Smart + PIN (WPR401: PIV & PIV-I Card)
- 125 kHz proximity or proximity + PIN
- Magnetic stripe or magnetic stripe + PIN (WPR400 only)
- 3-6 digit PIN (WPR400 only)
- Key fobs
- PVC disks
- Wearable wristbands
- Mobile phone (compatible with NFC-enabled phones)
- Multi-technology reader compatible with proximity (125 kHz) and Smart (13.56 MHz) card use
- Multi-technology reader with keypad
- Magnetic stripe reader in swipe or insertion styles (triple track, field configurable)
- Magnetic stripe reader with keypad in swipe or insertion styles
- Keypad only
- FIPS 201-1 compliant multi-technology reader with keypad
- Capable of credential verification <1 second
- Number of users and audit capability varies depending on access control provider system capability
Wake-up on Radio design enables response to lock/unlock command from host in less than 10 seconds (per field application).
- Clock & Data
- 900 MHz spread spectrum, direct sequence, 10 channels with configurable dynamic channel switching
- 902-928 MHz frequency range
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), 128-bit