Pilkington SuperGrey™ Solar Control Glass
High performance body tinted solar control glass
Pilkington SuperGrey™ is a low-reflective body-tinted glass which offers adramatic, deep cool grey appearance, increasing visual privacy and dramatically reducing read-through from interior shading devices.
Pilkington SuperGrey™ combines stunning exterior aesthetics and unsurpassed interior glare control with the best solar control performance of any tinted float glass in the industry.
Both products soften bright daylight and reduce glare, making them perfect for applications near computers and video display screens. Applications
Pilkington SuperGrey™ is ideal where architectural designs or restrictions prohibit structures with high reflectance. Common applications include low, mid and hi-rise buildings, such as hospitals, educational institutions, offices and retail skylight applications.
Where a safety glass is required, they can be specified as toughened or laminated glass.
To achieve additional thermal insulation, the products have to be combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass.
- Uncoated glasses which provide the performance of reflective glass
- Enhanced visual privacy and reduced read-through from interior shading devices
- Best solar control of any uncoated glass, providing the lowest shading coefficient of any float glass and a better shading coefficient than many reflective glasses
- Unsurpassed light and glare control, improving visual privacy and reducing the need for blinds or shades
- Distinctive aesthetics inside and outside, offering a deep, cool grey tint from the exterior, whilst providing a remarkably crisp, comfortable view from the interior as they offer a neutral color from the inside
- Uniform, no read-through look between spandrel and vision glass areas eliminating the need for an opacifier in the spandrel glass
- Low UV transmittance, significantly outperforming other tinted and coated glass products (in 6 mm it blocks 99% of the sun’s damaging UV rays)
- Additional thermal insulation performance when combined in an insulating glass unit with a low-emissivity glass
- Can be laminated, toughened, bent and enamelled using standard techniques
- Can be used in monolithic form or incorporated in insulating glass units
- Available in 3 mm, 5 mm and 6 mm thicknesses.