Dryer Venting - FireMaster® DryerWrap
FireMaster DryerWrap for application on dryer vent ductwork in multi-unit housing where fire compartmentalization and life safety are major concerns. FireMaster DryerWrap is tested and UL Listed for 1-hour fire resistance on light gauge construction up to 7 (175mm) diameter or 10 x 4 (250mm x 100mm) rectangular duct penetrating 1-hour rated wood joist gypsum floor, therefore providing Owners, Architects, and Engineers a viable and cost effective solution for safely routing dryer exhausts from the laundry room to the exit of the building.
FireMaster DryerWrap is 67% thinner, lighter, and appreciably more flexible than grease duct fire wraps currently available. The optimized thickness and approved 1 inch compression or overlap joints provide for significant installation cost and space savings.
- ½ (12.5mm) thick, 8 pcf (128kg/m3) density
- High temperature insulation rated: 2100°F (1149°C) continuous exposure
- Underwriters Laboratory tested and Listed per ISO6944 and AST E814 (UL 1479)
- Fully encapsulated in scrim reinforced foil facing
- 1 compression or overlap at joints allows for installation inside 5 space for typical 4 round duct
- Installation using 16 gauge galvanized steel tie-wire
- Tested on 30 gauge 7 (175mm) round steel and 26 gauge, 10 x 4 (250mm x 100mm) rectangular steel ducts, typical of dryer and domestic kitchen range vent construction