Monoglass Spray-On Insulation
The Solution for Hard-to-Insulate Areas
Monoglass® combines soft glass fibers and polymer adhesive to create a non-combustible, non-toxic, insulation that can be quickly spray applied to virtually any surface or configuration. With an R-value of 4.00/inch, installations of R-20 overhead, or R-28 on vertical surfaces can be applied quickly and easily in one pass without costly, slow layering or mechanical support.
Monoglass is applied by trained applicators using approved equipment, ensuring quality control and consistency.
Acoustic Treatment – Noise control within a spaceMonoglass® Spray-On provides aesthetics and excellent reverberation control in:
- Non-combustible Class 1 building material
- 0 Flame Spread / 0 Smoke Development
- Can be applied over fireproofing materials to add thermal/acoustic insulation
- Inorganic fiberglass insulation won’t support mold growth
- Minimum 25% re-cycled content add to LEED credits
- Provides R-4.00 / inch thermal resistance
- Can also be used as an effective acoustic insulation, providing NRC .95 with just 2 inches
- Reduces sound transmission between spaces
- Can be applied on horizontal surfaces up to 5″ thick without mechanical support, providing R-20
- Can be applied on vertical surfaces up to 7″ thick without mechanical support, providing R-28
- Quick, one pass application with no layering required.
- Night clubs
- Television and film studios
- Gymnasiums & sport facilities
- Factories and machine shops
- Offices and retail shops
Monoglass Spray-On’s low compressive strength glass fiber produces noise reduction coefficients greater than many other insulations. This capability reduces airborne noise transmitted through the structure from external sources and provides superb absorption of internal airborne sound.Project Profile – Wembley Indoor Sport Stadium
Noise reverberation time can be greatly reduced with a minimal application of Monoglass, as demonstrated in the Wembley Indoor Sport Stadium, Johannesburg, South Africa. Treated with only 1” / 25 mm of Monoglass, the graph (below) depicts the reverberation times with 0% occupancy measured before and after treatment. This shows a considerable reduction in reverberation time over the entire frequency range, which resulted in major improvements in speech intelligibility.
Before treatment, speech conversations more than 61⁄2 feet / 2 meters was very difficult. After treatment, even with the hall empty (no audience), conversation can now be conducted without any special effort.