Metal Building Insulation
Knauf Insulation Metal Building Insulation with ECOSE® Technology doesn’t look like any insulation you’ve ever seen, but that’s because its natural brown color represents a level of sustainability we’ve never before achieved. To create the next generation of sustainable insulation, we combined:
- Sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources,
- Minimum 40% post-consumer recycled bottle glass and
- ECOSE Technology
ECOSE Technology is a revolutionary binder chemistry that enhances the sustainability of our products. The “binder” is the bond that holds our glass mineral wool product together and gives the product its shape and brown color. ECOSE Technology is a plant-based, sustainable chemistry that replaces the phenol/formaldehyde (PF) binder traditionally used in glass mineral wool products. Products using ECOSE technology are formaldehyde-free and have reduced global warming potential when compared to our products of the past.Knauf Metal Building Insulation with ECOSE Technology delivers:
- Uses renewable and abundant resources.
- Contains an industry-leading percentage of post-consumer recycled glass.
- Replaces non-renewable resources with renewable ones.
- Based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials.
- Eliminates non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals, such as phenol and formaldehyde.
- Reduces binder embodied energy.
- Contains no artificial colors.
Same Great Features
- Cost-effective way to improve thermal and acoustical performance.
- Is interior-friendly—GREENGUARD Gold certified.
- Helps projects achieve LEED green building certification.
The same performance and handling you’ve come to expect, now with enhanced sustainability.
- Excellent insulating value for better temperature control, energy conservation and lower operating costs.
- Reduces airborne sound transmission significantly improving STC ratings of wall configurations.
- When used side-by-side with traditional “yellow” fiber glass insulation using the same facing, there is no visible difference.
Tough and Durable
- Withstands handling in the shop and abuse on the jobsite.
Fire Resistant and Non-CorrosiveLegendary Handling
Knauf Metal Building Insulation with ECOSE Technology delivers the same exceptional quality, handling and durability our customers have become accustomed to, with a higher level of sustainability. In developing ECOSE Technology, Knauf’s legendary product handling and fabrication characteristics were an absolute requirement.
EcoBattKnauf MBI products have superior consistency throughout the roll, from package to package. Knauf MBI with ECOSE Technology:
- recovers quickly
- is easy to cut
- is less dusty
- feels softer
- pleasant natural scent
- Knauf Metal Building Insulation with ECOSE® Technology is a resilient, flexible unfaced blanket insulation made from inorganic fibers bonded by thermosetting resin.
- The blanket is suitable for application of facings and has sufficient tensile and bond strength for normal handling by the laminator and contractor. The blanket may also be used unfaced as additional insulation to fill voids in wall and roofs of metal buildings.
- When Knauf Metal Building Insulation is faced with a suitable vapor retarder, it can be installed in exterior wall and roof surfaces of pre-engineered buildings. The product may be used unfaced to fill voids in walls and roof cavities of pre-engineered buildings.
Surface Burning Characteristics
- Does not exceed 25 Flame Spread, 50 Smoke Developed when tested in accordance with ASTM E 84, NFPA-255 and UL 723.
Odor (ASTM C 1304)
- No objectionable odor emission.
Water Vapor Sorption (ASTM C 1104)
- Less than 0.2% by volume or 5% by weight.
Corrosiveness (ASTM C 665)
- Does not accelerate corrosion on steel, copper or aluminum.
Resistance to Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338)
- Does not promote microbial growth.
Temperature Range (ASTM C 411)
- The unfaced blanket will not deteriorate up to 350ºF (177ºC).
Noncombustibility (ASTM E 136)
Purdue University Research
- Extensive testing and in situ performance proves product made with ECOSE Technology does not attract insects or vermin.
- ASTM C 553 Type I, II
- ASTM C 991 Type I
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified
- HH-I-558C Form B, Class 6
- NAIMA Standard 202-96 (REV.2000)
- ASTM E 136
Knauf Insulation products with ECOSE Technology contain no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors. These products are certified by UL Environment for indoor air quality (IAQ) as low emitting products and where noted, have achieved the more stringent GREENGUARD Gold certification and verified to be formaldehyde-free. For more information, visit: www.ul.com/ggLEED Eligible Product
Use of this product may help building projects meet green building standards as set by the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System.
- MR Credit 4.1 – 4.2 Recycled Content
- MR Credit 5.1 – 5.2 Regional Materials
- ID Credit 1 GREENGUARD Gold