FIRM-FILL® SCM-400 (Sound Control Mat)
FIRM-FILL® SCM-400, is a 3/8" (10mm) sound mat is efficiently engineered to limit sound transmission in multi-family construction. Ideal for when the gypsum concrete pour is not a standard thickness.Recommended ForSound Attenuation Systems Application / Market
Wood subfloors & concrete subfloors. Covered by
Features & Benefits
- FIRM-FILL® Gypsum Concrete
- FIRM-FILL® 2010+
- FIRM-FILL® 3310
- FIRM-FILL® High Strength
- FIRM-FILL® CMD
- GYP-SPAN® Radiant
- Helps create sound resistant floors with the high IIC and STC level required by IBC 2009
- Cost-effective way to address IIC requirements
- Performance in wood frame construction and concrete structures
- Minimal deflection, and no creep or long-term degradation
- Provides a thin profile for tight construction assemblies
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Installed by Licensed Applicators of Hacker Industries, Inc.
FIRM-FILL® SCM-400 is a component in an overall floor/ceiling assembly. Its performance is affected by every other component and the likelihood of achieving code compliance is contingent upon many other trades including (but not limited to) framers, plumbers and drywall contractors. Developers and general contractors are responsible for building properly and testing field performance as soon as possible in order to assure the reliability of the project.
WARNING: Laboratory tests are not a guarantee of field performance because of the issues noted above and many other design errors that may occur.