EnergyGuard Perlite Roof Insulation
EnergyGuard Perlite roof insulation is a homogeneous board composed of expanded perlite particles, selected binders and cellulose fibers, which give EnergyGuard Perlite roof insulation its insulating efficiency. The surface is treated to reduce bitumen absorption assuring proper adhesion of roof membranes.
EnergyGuard Perlite roof insulation is available in 2 x 4 (0.6m x 1.2m) and 4 x 4 (1.2m x 1.2m) boards in standard thicknesses of 3/4, 1, 1 1/2, and 2 (19mm, 25mm, 38mm and 51mm). Other sizes are available on request.
- Stable insulating properties.
- Exceptional fire resistance (Class 25).
- Excellent dimensional stability.
- Resists damage due to normal deck traffic during and after construction.
- Fast and easy to apply.
- Tough performance proven for over 30 years.
- The minimum recycled content is 25% by weight.
- EnergyGuard Perlite roof insulation is designed to be used directly over structural roof decks.
- It is also widely used as a separation board over existing roofs in recover installations. In recover applications, all wet areas of the old roof must be removed. All loose and protruding gravel must also be removed.
- Properly installed, EnergyGuard Perlite roof insulation is suitable for use under built-up, modified bitumen and some single ply roofing systems.
- Refer to the current membrane manufacturers application and specifications manual for proper installation procedures for perlite roof insulation.
- EnergyGuard Perlite roof insulation is a non-structural, non-load bearing material.
- EnergyGuard Perlite roof insulation should be stored dry and be protected from the elements. Once properly loaded at the job site, remove factory wraps and cover with a breathable tarp.
- No more insulation should be applied than can be completely covered with the finished roofing on the same day.
- Do NOT use under fully adhered single ply systems or with direct torch application of modified bitumen.
- If torch grade modified bitumen roofing is to be installed over EnergyGuard Perlite, a fiberglass base sheet MUST first be installed.
- EnergyGuard Perlite complies with the requirements of ASTM Standard C728 (which supersedes Federal Specifications HH-I-529).
- Listed by Underwriters Laboratories for use under Class A, B or C Roof Covering. See UL, ULC Roofing Materials and System Directory for details. Materials will have UL, ULC labels only when specified on order.
- Factory Mutual rated for fire and wind resistance. For current approvals, see current Factory Mutual Approvals Guide.
- Is approved for use in UL, ULC Fire Resistance Roof-Ceiling Design (P&R-Designs). Please see the UL, ULC Roofing Materials and System Directory for the latest approvals.
- Complies with the Environmental Protection Agency Regulation 40 CFR Part 248, Guideline for Federal Procurement of Building Insulation Products Containing Recovered Materials, as a recycled product approved for use on any project using federal funds.
NOTE: REPAIR ROOF LEAKS PROMPTLY TO AVOID ADVERSE EFFECTS, INCLUDING MOLD.
1 Campus Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Tollfree: (800) 766-3411
Web site: http://www.gaf.com