DOWSIL™ DefendAir 200C Air & Weather Barrier Coating
A 100% silicone liquid applied Air and Weather Barrier designed to protect against air infiltration and water penetration. The vapor permeable, one component, water-based coating cures to form a flexible membrane that is impervious to water but has the ability to ”breathe,” allowing water vapor to escape from inside the substrate.Uses:
Strong adhesion strength to common wall substrates, including:
- Concrete masonry units (CMU)
- Oriented Strand Board (OSB)
- Exterior Sheathing
- Preformed Panels
- Steel stud walls
How can you improve energy efficiency and protect your building from the environment?
- Airtight performance that exceeds industry standards
- Passes NFPA 285 assembly testing
- Improved shelf life
- Aesthetically pleasing charcoal gray color
- Reduced appearance of dirt pickup
- Improved energy efficiency and durability
- Can be applied at temperatures as low as 20”F (-6”C)
- Long-term UV resistance and enhanced weatherproofing
- Water-based, low-VOC formulation
- Vapor-permeable and breathable
- One-coat spray application; may also be roller applied
- Primerless adhesion to even the most challenging construction substrates
- Complete offering of compatible accessory materials
With a proven weatherproofing solution: DEFENDAIR™ 200C Air and Weather Barrier Coating and the DOWSIL™ Silicone Air Barrier System.
DEFENDAIR™ 200C Air and Weather Barrier Coating is a one-part, 100% water-based silicone elastomer. It can be applied easily by roller, brush or spray. DEFENDAIR™ 200C Coating dries to form a flexible, vapor-permeable ”breathable” membrane that enables water vapor to escape.
The coating provides long-term protection from air and water infiltration, movement imposed by seasonal thermal contractionand expansion, ultraviolet radiation, and the elements. The coating maintains its water protection properties, even when exposed to sunlight, rain, snow or temperature extremes. Coated walls have no limit on exposure time, even if installation of the exterior cladding is delayed.