DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant
A one-part, moisture cure, medium modulus sealant that provides durable, flexible, watertight joints and offers outstanding unprimed adhesion to most non-porous substrates. It is specifically developed for sealing dynamically moving joints.
100% silicone solution outperforms urethane
Balanced adhesive strength, medium modulus and high recovery
WeatherproofNo-Compromise Silicone Sealing at Urethane-Competitive Prices
All-weather gunnability and performance
Quality-conscious architects, specifiers and construction professionals already know that silicone sealants from Dow Consumer Solutions outperform urethane. But if you thought silicone was only for big-budget, high-end construction projects, think again. With DOWSIL™ Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant (CWS), you can enjoy the long-life weather resistance of silicones.
This versatile, one-part 100% silicone sealant delivers outstanding life-cycle value and lower installed costs at a price that is competitive against comparable urethane products. Virtually unaffected by ultraviolet (UV) light and weather extremes, DOWSIL Contractors Weatherproofing Sealant provides all-weather application and performance. Plus, it's far more durable than organic-based materials - protecting buildings typically three times longer than organic materials in the same applications.FEATURES
- Primerless on EIFS and most common nonporous building substrates, including glass and aluminum
- Balanced adhesive strength, medium modulus and high recovery
- Excellent all-weather gunnability and performance
- Extension/compression capability of ±25 to ±40 percent
- Available in 10.3 ounce cartridges, 20 ounce sausages and two gallon pails
- Choose from 20 standard colors, 19 special colors and custom colors, too
- 5 Year Weatherseal Limited Warranty
- Dynamically moving joints such as expansion and control joints
- Concrete panel joints
- Tilt-up panel joints
- Curtainwall joints
- Frame-to-structure and perimeter caulking of windows, doors, panels, EIFS, bedding of mullions, panels and frames, etc.