DOWSIL™ 895 Structural Glazing Sealant
A one-part, neutral curing silicone sealant designed specifically for the structural bonding of glass, metal and other building components. It can also be used for adhering stiffening elements to building panels.
Design & Aesthetics
Almost unlimited freedom to create unique curtain walls
Energy Efficiency & Sustainability
Enables thermal efficient facades, e.g. with gas filled triple IG
Proven Durability & Reliability
Excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates.
Excellent stability through wide temperature range.
Resistant to ozone and UV.
Structural silicone glazing is today’s most innovative form of curtainwall construction. It can be used to adhere stiffening elements to building panels and for other similar adhesive applications. Structural Glazing is a reliable method of supporting glass that is unmatched with regards to performance, aesthetics, durability and maintenance and allows total vision glass without thermal bridges.
Structural Silicone Glazing Offers Many Benefits:
- A continuous air and water barrier to withstand natural weather events such as hurricanes and typhoons
- A flexible anchor that retains glass under seismic activity
- A flexible cushion to absorb the daily differential thermal dilatation between glass and aluminum
- A durable bond with long-term resistance to ultraviolet (UV) light
- Meets European standard for structural glazing (ETA-01/0005); only black colored material
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates
- Excellent stability through wide temperature range
- Resistant to ozone and UV
Structural Glazing is a reliable method of supporting glass that is unmatched with regards to performance, aesthetics, durability and maintenance.