rFoil 1620 Series Ultra CBF Concrete Barrier Foil Reflective Insulation
Our rFOIL 1620 Ultra CBF series is made extra tough for over slabs (as a concrete underlayment) and under flooring. It provides exceptional thermal value and a strong, permanent vapor and radon barrier. Because radiant heat loss is reduced, floors are warmer and more comfortable. Ultra CBF consists of a single layer reflective sheet laminated between two layers of ultra-strong polyethylene bubble.
At a compression strength of 140 psi Ultra CBF is our recommended product to install beneath a concrete slab or as part of an in-floor radiant heating system to make it more efficient. Ultra CBF offers superior puncture resistance and tear strength and withstands job site traffic.
Ultra CBF conforms around plumbing, wiring and other obstructions and easily installs over any grade. Compared to rigid PE board insulation, Ultra CBF is easier to handle, cut, and install AND has nearly six times the compression strength.
Realize the benefits of warmer floors and reduced ongoing utility costs by installing Ultra CBF today!Benefits
- Energy Saving Capabilities
- Reduces Radiant Heat Loss
- Puncture Resistant to 85 lbs/sq. in.
- Multi-Layer 14.2 mil Bubble Core
- Superior Bubble Strength withstands Jobsite Traffic
- Quick, Safe, and Easy Installation Results in Lower Labor Costs
- Easily installed over Rough Grade
- Easy to Cut and Configure around Obstructions
- Extends Life of Heating System
- Faster Reactions Time for Radiant Floor Heating
- Ideal for Edge-Slab Insulation and Expansion Joint
- Methane, Radiant, and Vapor Barrier all-in-one
- Will Not Promote Mold and Mildew
- Standard roll sizes of 48” wide by 125’ long and 16” wide by 125’ long.
- We can also manufacture custom sizes to meet your needs faster than you might expect.
- rFOIL 1620 has a 14.2 mil multi-layer bubble core compared to 4320 (8.4 mil bubble core) and 4620 (11 mil bubble core).
- rFOIL 1620 has a 140 psi compression strength compared to 4320 (70 psi) and 4620 (90 psi).
- rFOIL 1620 single reflective layer is covered by a durable and protective laminatecompared to 4320 and 4620 where the reflective layer is exposed.
- Choose rFOIL 4620 or rFOIL 4320 if higher reflectivity and lower emissivity is desirable or if compression strength and durability is not of prime importance; otherwise choose 1620 Ultra CBF.