rFoil Big 8 2280 Reflective Bubble Duct Insulation
Designed, manufactured, tested and certified to meet R8 code requirements for all duct types, rFOIL Big 8 2280 Reflective Duct Insulation series is a consistent contractor’s choice.
Our rFOIL Big 8 2280 Reflective Duct Insulation series consists of two layers of thick polyethylene bubble pack reflective insulation connected by 2-inch wide spacers. Multi-Layer Duct Insulation-Reflective Duct Insulation with built in spacer strips and multi-layer reflective insulation.
An inspector-friendly easily visible code certification strip on Big-8 means no hassles at the jobsite and extra peace of mind for installers!
The Big-8 Reflective Duct Insulation has been tested to an R-8 and is classified as Class 1/Class A in accordance with the ASTM E84-09 fire test standard. The product was mounted in accordance to ASTM-E2599-08. rFOIL Big-8 is specially designed to reduce radiant heat gain/loss in all residential and commercial duct applications. rFOIL also helps control condensation by providing an airtight thermal break around duct work.
Increase system efficiency and lower HVAC equipment stress by installing Big-8 today!Benefits
- First Reflective Bubble (non-fibrous) Insulation to achieve R-8 (with Air Space) or R-6 (without Air Space).
- Stops Virtually All Heat from RADIATING into or out of Duct Systems
- Sealed Air Spaces Provide Tremendous Condensation Control
- High Compression Resistance Maintains Thermal Value
- Clean, Safe, and Easy Installation Results in Lower Labor Costs
- Simple to Cut and Configure around Obstructions
- Will Not Harbor Mold, Mildew, or Other Fungi
- Faster Reactions Time for Radiant Floor Heating
- Will Not Rot, Degrade, Compress or Break Down Thermal Value over Time
- Seals Duct System from Attic Dust and Fibrous Glass Particles
- Allows Inspectors to Easily Identify Product and Specs
- rFOIL Big-8 has TWO layers of thick SINGLE polyethylene bubble pack reflective insulation compared to Big-6 that has ONE DOUBLE layer of polyethylene bubbles sandwiched between two highly reflective surfaces.
- rFoil Big-8 has additional supplied separate spacers compared to Big-6 which has only pre-attached spacers.
- Choose rFOIL Big-8 if you need a product tested to an R-8, Big-6 if you need a product tested to an R-6; and R4-2 2290 for jobs requiring R-6 or R4.2 with a low-profile.