rFoil 2200 Series Reflective Insulation
rFOIL 2200 has proven to be our most versatile insulation product, as our customers report uses well beyond our design expectations. Think roof, attics, walls, and even special purpose duct insulation. Now think homemade custom size cooler, camping cooker, water heater wrap, garage door insulation and shipping packaging. What do you need insulated?Imagine what you can construct from this versatile product.
rFOIL Metalized Foil Barrier has been specifically designed for insulating commercial and residential building assemblies, reducing the amount of radiant heat transfer. Adding rFOIL Metalized Foil Barrier to your construction project improves the insulation value of the building envelope and significantly increases its energy efficiency.
rFOIL Metalized Foil Barrier is constructed as either a single or double layer of polyethylene bubbles, sandwiched between two highly reflective surfaces. All products in this line are classified as Class 1 / Class A in accordance with the ASTM-E84-09 fire test standard. This product was mounted in accordance to ASTM-E2599-08.
Tell us how YOU use rFOIL 2200 Reflective InsulationBenefits
- Energy saving Capabilities
- Blocks 96% of radiant heat transfer
- Easy to handle and install resulting in lower labor costs
- Lightweight and can be cut to fit any configuration
- Puncture and tear-resistant
- Safe,non-toxic and non-carcinogenic
- Will not promote mold and mildew
- Unaffected by humidity
- Prevents interior condensation
- Vapor Barrier
- It can be installed over existing insulation to increase insulating properties as well as improve appearance
- Various tab options
- Class 1 / Class A fire rated (ASTM E84-09)
- NFPA 286 Full Room Burn Test
- 2210 single bubble or 2220 double bubble.
- Various tab options: square edge (2210), 2 staple tab (2212), quick seam 1 tab (2211), quick seam 2 tab (2213)
- Standard roll sizes of 48” wide by 125’ long, 72” wide by 102’ long and 72” wide by 125’ long.
- We can also manufacture custom sizes to meet your needs faster than you might expect.
- rFOIL 2200 is reflective on both sides. If you are looking for a product reflective on one side, choose rFOIL 2500.
- Choose rFOIL 2200 if a thermal break between hot & cold to reduce condensation is desirable; otherwise, choose a radiant barrier product such as rFOIL 4800, rFOIL 3800 or rFOIL 1800.