BEBO® Bridge Concrete Arch System
The BEBO Bridge Concrete Arch System is a combination of cast-in-place concrete footings, precast arch elements, headwalls, and wingwalls. The system uses the fundamentals of soil-structure interaction to achieve superior strength and stability. The results are the largest precast arch spans in the world.
Developed in 1966 in Switzerland, the BEBO Concrete Arch System is a precast concrete version of the arches used in Roman aqueducts built two millennia ago-which are still standing.
With spans from 12 to 102 feet, BEBO can be installed quickly with minimal long-term maintenance. The precise modular system offers set-in-place construction and attractive aesthetics. The system uses 3 distinct geometries - the E-series, C-series, and T-series - to ensure the optimum configuration for your site. Benefits of the BEBO Arch System:
- Buried Bridge Structure - Reduces maintenance costs and lowers life cycle costs as there are no bridge deck or joints at the deck/roadway interface.
- Modular Bridge System - Rapid installation results in reduced overall project costs, delays and detours.
- Designed “Site Specific” - Meets your site needs in full compliance with AASHTO and AREMA design standards for highway and railway use.
- Full Scale Load Tested - Verified engineering design methodology.
- Easy Site-Adaptability - Flexible layout options to fit within the right-of-way - curve the structure with a stream or adjust for vertical and horizontal clearance requirements.
- Manufactured in controlled environment with standardized components - Manufacturing is fast and efficient allowing us to offer a high quality yet cost-effective bridge option.