CHIL-BYL® CP-76 Sealant
FLEXIBLE ELASTOMERIC VAPOR BARRIER SEALANT
CHIL-BYL® CP-76 sealant is a balanced blend of butyl polymers specifically designed for permanent flexibility in low temperature, dual temperature, and high temperature insulation applications.USES
CHIL-BYL CP-76 sealant is used to vapor seal the joints of cellular glass and cellular plastic insulations (except polystyrene). It remains flexible and functional through a wide temperature range.
CHIL-BYL CP-76 sealant has good resistance to elevated temperatures, and is recommended as an expansion joint material up to 300ºF. It is an excellent water seal, vapor seal, and expansion joint material, and is suggested as a joint sealant for metal jacketing systems.APPLICATION
CHIL-BYL CP-76 sealant is applied with pointed trowel, putty knife, or power extrusion equipment. It is also available in caulking tubes and may be applied with hand or power caulking guns. It has a heavy body, and can be applied in various thicknesses without sagging or running.ADVANTAGES
- CHIL-BYL CP-76 sealant resists the effects of water soak, high temperatures, vibration stresses, and combinations of all three.
- It has extremely low shrinkage, excellent adhesion, and requires no mixing or additives.
- Meets NFPA Standard 90-A and 90-B 25/50 requirements.
- This product has been tested according to ASTM E-84 (Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials).
- Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.1 Low-Emitting Materials, Adhesives and Sealants when used as a butt joint sealant in insulated systems. VOC: 356 g/l, less water and exempt solvents.
10.4 lbs./U.S. gal. (1.2 kg/liter)AVERAGE NON-VOLATILE
67% by volume, 77% by weightSERVICE TEMPERATURE RANGE
(Temperature to which dry film is subjected.)
-100ºF to 300ºF -73ºC to 149ºC
APPLICATION STORAGE TEMPERATURE RANGE
40ºF to 100ºF (4ºC to 38ºC)DRYING TIME
To touch - 8 hoursCOVERAGE
Through - 24-72 hours
(Drying time will vary depending upon film thickness, temperature and humidity.)
3.1 gals./100 sq. ft. (1.3 l/sq.m)FLASH POINT
For joint: 1x1/16 = 308 lineal ft. per U.S. Gal. (2.5 cm x .15 cm = 24m/liter) 125 lineal ft. per 10.5 fl. oz. tub, 1/8 in. bead
(38 m per .31 I tube, 3.2 mm bead.)
Mineral spirits (flammable) chlorinated solvent (non-flammable).WATER VAPOR PERMEANCE
ASTM F-1249, 0.038 perm (0.025 metric perm) tested in 0.047 ( 1.3 mm) dry film at 100ºF (38ºC) and 90%RH
The water vapor transmission through 1 in. of impermeable insulation in 12x18 in. blocks with 1/8 in. joints of CP-76 is too small to measure.
CP-76 contains no asbestos, lead, mercury, or mercury compounds.