Structodek High-Density Roofing Board
STRUCTODEK HD is not only an integral roofing system component; it also makes roofing easier with physical properties that generate structural rigidity and dimensional stability.
The wood fiberboard composition of STRUCTODEK HD possesses natural bonding qualities, resulting in superior adhesion capabilities. Adhesive tightly grasps the fibers of STRUCTODEK HD without causing excess absorption,
providing a solid and secure roof system which bonds very well with many asphalt, coal tar, and cold-process adhesive products. The lightweight nature of STRUCTODEK HD is better than heavier alternatives and will keep the roof load below the specified maximum weight.
STRUCTODEK HD can be used as an insulation board, cover board, or re-roof/recover board. STRUCTODEK HD is a high-density roofing board and is designed for low-slope applications and systems.
• ASTM C 208, Type II, Grade 1 and Grade 2 Roof Insulation Board for Built-up and Single-Ply Roofing Systems
• ASTM C 209, Test Methods
• FM Approved as a component in Class 1 roof systems per FM Standards 4450/4470
• UL Classified to US Standard ANSI/UL 790 as a component in Class A rated roof systems, reference TGFU.R20803
• ULC Classified to Canadian Standard CAN/ULC-S107 as a component in Class A rated roof systems, reference TGFU7.R20803
• CAN/ULC-S706-09, Type II, Class 1 and Class 2 Roofboards for Built-up and Single-Ply Roofing Systems
• Canadian Construction Materials Centre, Listing CCMC 13186-L
• Miami-Dade County, Florida; NOA No.: 13-0626.02; Expiration Date 09/18/18
• Florida Building Commission Product Approval # FL 13792
Masterformat Number and Title
07 22 16 - Roof Board Insulation
• Natural, Coated one side, or Integral coated six sides.
• Proprietary coating is compatible with all single-ply membranes: TPO, PVC, EPDM.
• Contributes to thermal insulation, 1.3 R-Value for ½” thick STRUCTODEK HD.
• UL and ULC Classified in Class A rated roof systems. See complete marking on product.
• FM Approved in Class 1 and Class A roof systems. See www.roofnav. com for FM Approvals.
• High Compressive Strength 48 psi @ 15% deformation.
• Superior adhesion without excess absorption.
• Easily handles hot asphalt, non-blistering.
• Cuts with a standard utility knife.
• Lightweight and easy to install, without the irritating fiberglass dust of glass-mat faced gypsum board.
May help contribute to LEED credits:
• MR Credit 2: Construction Waste Management
• MR Credit 4: Recycled Content
• MR Credit 5: Regional Materials
• MR Credit 6: Rapidly Renewable Materials
• IEQ Credit 4.4: Low-Emitting Materials
• Do not expose to open flame or excessive heat. May smolder if ignited. If ignited, extinguish completely.
• Do not apply flame directly to STRUCTODEK HD when installing a modified bitumen system.
• STRUCTODEK HD must not be used in close proximity to chimneys, heater units, fireplaces, steam pipes, or other surfaces which could provide long-term exposure to excessive heat (above 212° F) without adequate thermal protection. Consult appropriate heating appliance manufacturer’s instructions before installation.
• Do not use as an underlayment for shingles.
• Stagger joints among insulation layers and within layers.
• Fastening patterns and densities will vary based upon specific membrane manufacturer assemblies. Refer to membrane manufacturer for fastening requirements.
• Refer to FM RoofNav and/or membrane manufacturer for specific assembly requirements.
• Moisture conditions may affect the performance of the product and the installation of the roof system.
• STRUCTODEK HD must be kept dry at all times; in storage and during application. Store at a location where humidity and temperature duplicates those during installation.
• Deck and substrates must be dry at start of application and maintained in a dry condition throughout installation.
• Avoid application during rain, heavy fog, dew and any other conditions that may deposit moisture on surfaces.
• Conduct a moisture survey on recovers and tear-offs to ensure the roof deck is dry.
• Before applying STRUCTODEK HD, existing roof surfaces must be cleared of all gravel, dirt and debris which could hold moisture or present surface irregularities. All wet areas in old roof should be cut out and replaced.
• Apply only as much STRUCTODEK HD in one day as can be covered by completed roofing system that day.
• BLUE RIDGE FIBERBOARD will not be responsible for deficiencies in design, construction, or workmanship, and for product moisture exposure before, during or after installation; including construction generated moisture.