Sweets College Scholarship
Sweets is pleased to announce the 2018 Sweets College Scholarship. The 2017 winner is Lais Weba, a student at Virginia Tech.
View all the submissions including the winning submission here:
The Scholarship awards $2,500 to a student each academic year and is intended to help students offset the increasing cost of tuition and help them along the road to a future career as an architect, designer, engineer or construction professional.
To apply, please answer the question below by submitting a video and posting it on YouTube. Videos should be under 3 minutes – be creative.
Question: What is your favorite building on a college campus from a design aspect and why?
Here’s what you need to do to apply:
Record a video under 3 minutes addressing the following:
What is your favorite building on your college campus from a design aspect and why?
Be sure to speak to the building products used in the design.
Publish the video to YouTube and send us a link to the video with the following title:
- When your video is live, email us the video link to SweetsInfo@construction.com from your .edu email address and include your contact info
- Like and follow Sweets Products on Facebook and /or Twitter to learn who we select as the winner and to keep up with the latest new building product ideas.
To apply for this Scholarship You Must Meet the Following Requirements
- Must be a current or incoming student at a University in the U.S. or Canada
- Must be able to provide documentation to support enrollment in the University.
Sweets will award one annual scholarship for the best submitted entry. The scholarship will be awarded in check form, made payable directly to the student who is, or will be, attending for 2018-2019 school year
The deadline to enter is December 31, 2018
We will be judging based on three areas:
- Quality: Your answer is profound and there is clear logic in your response
- Uniqueness: Your answer is distinct and original.
- Creativity: You convey and exemplify your outside of the box thinking in a captivating way.
- Bonus points for including Sweets in your submission.
The winners will be selected the first week of January 2019 and will be featured on our website and on Sweets and Dodge Data & Analytics social networks.