Crescendo™ Acoustical Shell
The Crescendo™: Light, Elegant and Cost Friendly
The Crescendo™ Acoustical Shell is a cost-efficient, simplified acoustic solution with a welded aluminum frame. It offers a balance between economical and acoustical performance, and theaters will appreciate a mid-tier acoustical option that is both durable and aesthetically appealing.
- The Crescendo’s towers are constructed with a lightweight aluminum alloy frame to minimize point loading on the stage floor. Standard tower frame heights range from 16 (4.9 m) to 32 feet (9.7 m). Included counterweights offer significant stability.
- Tower wings utilize maintenance free oil-impregnated bronze bearings for pivoting, allowing for smooth rotation.
- Entrance doors can be designed into the system to provide access for performers and equipment. (Door location and quantity can be defined by the customer.)
- Standard tower panel is curved to an 8’ radius.
- Standard ceiling panel has a 10′ radius curve.
TRANSPORT & STORAGE
Staging Concepts designed its Crescendo Acoustical Shell with balance and practicality in mind. Users can easily move and reconfigure the shell with the system’s wheeled mover. The mover is constructed with three tri-casters, allowing for easy positioning of the towers. Users lightly move a bar up and down to transition the towers from a raised position to a sturdy locked position, making transporting and storing towers practical and safe. Towers can be designed to accommodate many different storage options.
The standard acoustical panel construction consists of a laminated composite honeycomb panel:
- 1/8 inch (3.175 mm) tempered hardboard top and bottom skins laminated to 1.5 inch (38 mm) thick phenolic impregnated honeycomb core.
- Integral extruded aluminum edging.
• Base panel weight is approximately 1.8 pounds per square foot (8.8 kg/m2). Panel thickness can be customized to accommodate the acoustical requirements of any space.
• Panel finish options include painted, high pressure laminate (HPL), low pressure laminate (LPL), and wood veneer. (All panel finishes are as specified by customer.)
Ceiling panels for the Crescendo are available, which can be specially made with various lighting and design options. The ceiling panels’ flexible design lends itself to easy integration with a wide variety of rigging systems. Panels can be easily tilted and stored in the fly space or on carts.
- ETC Source Four PAR EA and MCM
- ETC Desire LED Series
- The Light Source RD Series LED Fixtures