Underhung - 59 Series
The Underhung -59 Series is an underhung style head block with fully enclosed sheaves. Typically the Underhung -59 Series is supported by two structural I-beams. Depending on the application, these head blocks may need to be welded into position after final alignment.Features
- ASTM Class 30 grey iron or nylon sheave.
- Equal pitch diameter on rope and cable grooves for smooth operation.
- Tapered roller bearings.
- Base angle legs turned in to allow close mounting centers.
- 10-gauge side plates fully enclose sheave; 16″ (406 mm) blocks have 7-gauge side plates.
- Side plates are bolted and welded to the base angles for extra strength.
- Six spacers between the side plates, three prevent cables from escaping the sheave grooves.
- Base angles punched with alternating slots and holes for simple easy installations.
- Mounting clips available, please provide steel dimensions.
- Underhung blocks may need to be welded to head beams after final alignment. Clip angles are recommended for double beam mounting. Mounting with clips or to single beams will require welding. Consult the factory for specific information.
- Head block capacities are affected significantly by mounting conditions, please see the tables in the Ordering section for additional capacity information.