6524 Residential and Commercial - DC Swing Gate Operators
DC SWING GATE OPERATOR BATTERY BACK-UP & SOLAR POWER
The newest DKS DC Swing Gate Operator is perfect where backup power is critical, as it will keep running even when AC power has been lost. The solar power version is ideal in applications where AC power is unavailable, allowing you to add your own solar system for power, or you can choose the DKS solar kit.
This Swing Gate Operator offers versatile and safe operation in a small, compact design, and is ideally suited for residential or commercial applications.
The new DKS 6524 Swing Gate Operator keeps running when AC power has been lost. The solar power version is ideal in applications where AC power is unavailable and allows you to add your own solar system for power, or you can choose the DKS solar kit. This swing gate operator offers convenience, reliability and safe operation in a small, compact design and is ideally suited for residential or commercial applications. The 1/2 HP Quadra Drive DC Motor provides powerful and long lasting operation and is backed up with built-in 7.2 Ah batteries to provide operation if AC power is interrupted. For longer backup operation, optional 18 Ah batteries can be chosen for up to 150 gate cycles*. The 6524 features a pully/belt drive 60:1 worm gear-box reduction system to provide powerful, yet extremely quiet, slide gate operation. The 6524 uses an advanced microprocessor control circuit with outstanding features. Designed with versatility in mind, the DKS Model 6524 provides everything you expect from a gate operator in this class - and more.
*Assumes a 16 foot gate weighing 800 Lbs. Other external factors (temperature, charge state of batteries, gate weight, gate length, etc.) will affect the performance of the gate operator and may reduce the number of cycles shown.
You may qualify for a 30% tax credit off of the cost of the Solar Only gate operator P/N 6524-081
- Heavy-duty gearbox
- Heavy-duty steel frame provides strength and quiet operation
- 7.2 Ah batteries standard; 18 Ah batteries optional
- Easy adjustable electronic magnetic limit switches
- Auto-close timer 1-30 seconds
- Gate overlap feature for dual (bi-parting) gate operation
- Selectable shadow/reverse loop function
- DC Power Shut-Off switch
- Battery protection circuit
- Ports for plug-in open and reverse loop detectors - DKS detectors only
- Gate Tracker reporting output provides operator data to access control system (DKS 1833, 1835, 1837 or 1838 only)
- AC Powered Operator Only
- 115 VAC Convenience outlets
- AC Power Shut-Off switch
- Magnetic lock power
- DC Powered Operator Only
- 0.0 Amp SBPD(Pat Pend) Circuit insures longer battery life
- Maximum gate width 16-ft.
- Maximum gate weight 800 pounds*. (*Assumes gate swings in a level arc, in good condition with properly adjusted hardware.)
- 115 / 230 VAC input: 1.8A / 0.9A. 24 VDC input: 8 Amp
- Class I, II, III and IV applications.
- Compliant with UL 325 and 991. ETL Listed. (Note: To be compliant with UL 325 and industry safety guidelines, additional Type B1 and/or Type B2 entrapment protection devices are required to be installed with this gate operator. Your professional DKS system installer can provide you with more details on these devices and on current industry safety standards.)
- Dimensions: 20.5"W x 38.5"H x 30"D (52cm W x 97.8cm H x 76.2cm D)
18 Ah batteries (AC powered operator only)
Solar Kit (Includes two 18 Ah batteries and 10 Watt, 24 VDC solar panel)
Primary / secondary connection cable.
Uphill arm pivot assembly and torsion rod assembly
Plug-in loop detectors.
Heater kit for cold environments (Ac powered operators only).