Spectra® Safety Stair Nosings
Spectra® Safety Stair Nosings are made with a high content of aluminum oxide abrasive grit for long life and lasting beauty. Spectra's full width abrasive safety surface has easy maintenance features and insures greatest protection from liability of falls and injuries.
- Extruded aluminum base abrasive filler
- Lengths to order, up to 10'0" (3.048 m) in one piece
- Lengths over maximum to be made in equal sections
- Anti-slip abrasive extending over radius of nose
- High content of aluminum oxide abrasive
- 18 standard colors
- "Clean" architectural lines
- Protective tape available at extra cost
Specify Spectra® Safety Stair Nosings for the best architectural aesthetics and matching or contrasting color decor.
Spectra® Safety Stair Nosings hold up to heavy pedestrian traffic use and are designed for indoor or outdoor use.
Spectra® Safety Stair Nosings are used for new construction and renovation projects.
Spectra® Colors Standard color is black. Black will be shipped unless another color is specified. See color chart below for other colors available. Actual tread color may vary slightly from printed sheet or computer screen. Request actual tread color sample if color is critical.
Spectra® Guide Specification
Provide Spectra® type _______ safety nosings as manufactured by Wooster Products, Inc. for interior and exterior stairs.
- Nosing base to be type 6063-T5 extruded aluminum
- Anti-slip filler shall contain approximately 60% virgin grain Aluminum Oxide (AL203) abrasive
- Binder is to be a fully-cured resilient type epoxy; epoxy binder to filler ratio to be 13% minimum for improved cleanability
- Epoxy/ Abrasive filler shall extend over the curved front edge of nosing and shall be securely bonded to the extruded aluminum base
- Type of anchor shall be as specified. See our catalog for anchor details
- Nosings shall terminate not more than 4" (101.6 mm) from ends of steps for poured concrete stairs; for concrete-filled steel pan stairs, nosings shall be full length of steps less 1/8" (3.05 mm) clearance
- Color shall extend uniformly throughout the filler; black color will be furnished if no other color is specified
- Protective tape available upon request at additional cost
- Protective tape removed as soon as possible once installed
Installation Note: Safety nosings going into new poured concrete or cement fill shall be installed before "INITIAL SET" of the concrete or cement occurs. Nosings shall finish flush with the top of the traffic surface.
Spectra® 2-Stage Replaceable Stair Nosings
These stair nosings are constructed using an extruded aluminum base permanently anchored to the stair. The Spectra abrasive nosing is then attached to the shoe. The 2-stage construction allows the abrasive insert to be replaced with minimal disruption and expense.
- Premium quality construction with no clatter and no visible fasteners for an architecturally clean design
- Designed for installation on steel pan stairs or poured concrete steps
- Nosings can be furnished with disposable insert for use during construction phase. After construction nosing inserts are installed for fresh, clean appearance
- Furnished with Spectra Filler in a wide range of colors
- Nosings can be replaced if damaged, without costly demolition of stairs
- Future renovation projects made easier and less expensive
- Maximum length 8 feet
- Fast easy replacement
- Visual appearance and durability
- Secure anchorage
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Matching or contrasting color decor
- Non combustibility
- Heavy pedestrian traffic use
Available in all Spectra colors.
Why specify Wooster Safety Stair and Walkway Products?
- 'Wooster' Safety Treads and Safety Surfaces provide anti-slip protection for building occupants and pedestrians
- The use of Safety Stair and Walkway Products can help protect the Building Owner, since pedestrians will have been provided with the latest available technology for making stairs and walkways safe
- 'Wooster' Safety Treads and Safety Surfaces comply with OSHA and other Safety Surface Specifications for anti-slip safety surfaces
- A 'Wooster' specification exemplifies the finest in quality, dependability and service
- We are Safety Stair and Walkway experts! Wooster Products, Inc. has been furnishing "state-of-the-art" anti-slip Safety Treads and Safety Surfaces continuously since 1921
- Because we provide long-term solutions for your anti-skid needs
Wooster Products, Inc
P.O. Box 6005
1000 Spruce Street
Wooster, OH 44691
Tel: (800) 321-4936
Fax: (330) 262-4151
Web site: http://www.wooster-products.com