Scala XL Panel
Scala XL is an enlarged version of Anya Sebton’s influential sound-absorbent Scala. Scala XL is developed to improve the soundscape in large and noisy spaces such as assembly halls, auditoriums, lobbies, and shopping malls. Scala XL’s interplay of shape and material has a powerful sound absorbing effect.
The increase of size not only amplifies its acoustic capacity, but also affects its aesthetic qualities. Scala XL has a bold, sculptural appearance. The design is inspired by arched roofs, and columns.
California 01350 Emissions Compliant, Low VOC, Rapidly Renewable Content, mindful MATERIALS, EPD, HPD, Declare CDPH Emissions Compliant
Concave- 0.80 - Convex- 0.85
Please see specification page for complete details
ASTM E84 Class C
- Scala XL tiles are available in two different versions, ‘convex’ or ‘concave’.
- Scala XL concave tiles are offered as a stand-alone single tile, or as a group to be placed directly next to each other. It is important that each end of the Scala XL concave pattern is finished by a “right” and/or a “left” tile in order to produce a beautiful completion of the waveform. Between these only fit “Middle” modules. This only pertains to the Scala XL concave modules.
- Scala XL convex modules do not need a left or right module to complete an installation.
- Scala XL is suspended from a wall by using concealed metal fittings.
- Scala is available in several different coverings with the compositions indicated below:
- Focus + Focus Mélange fabric 100% New Zealand Wool
- Divina fabric 100% New Wool
- Snow White fabric 100% Polyester
- Soundfelt 100% Polyester (51% recycled Polyester)
- General Care: To preserve the fabric color and appearance of the fabric, Scala Wall should be vacuumed regularly with a soft nozzle.
- Polyester Stain Removal: Use an uncolored paper towel or cloth to soak up as much of the stain as possible. Died stains should be vacuumed. Moisten the stain lightly with a clean white cotton cloth, lukewarm water, and if needed, a small amount of pH-neutral detergent. Press a dry cloth against the fabric so that the moisture and dirt are absorbed. Repeat moistening and soaking until the stain is gone. Use clean water without detergent at the last moistening. Finish with soaking.
- Wool Stain Removal: Dab or wipe gently with a moist cloth
- Please Note: Scala panels CANNOT be cut in the field.