SL-18 Colonial Wood Grain FRP/Aluminum Hybrid Door
The SL-18 Colonial FRP/Aluminum Hybrid Door combines traditional styling with the advantages of modern engineering and materials to deliver a high-performance and long-life door. It features a remarkable fiberglass face sheet material (AMP) that offers the appearance of a traditional 6-panel colonial style wood door, right down to the realistic oak species wood grain detail.At the Core of our Door’s Strength is our Door’s Core
The poured-in-place polyurethane core of our SL-18 door is not just a passive filler - it’s a functional component that contributes significantly to the durability of Special-Lite FRP/Aluminum Hybrid Doors. After the door has been completely assembled, the core material is injected using our proprietary foam injection technology, ensuring a complete fill. This strong, lightweight, structural polyurethane foam bonds firmly to the rails, stiles, reinforcements and face sheets to transform the door into a solid, completely sealed unit with incredible impact resistance and flexural strength. Our polyurethane foam won’t absorb or be damaged by water.Features
- Made-to-order sizes from a minimum of 30″ x 80″ to a maximum of 48″ x 96″
- Manufactured with stiles and rails of extruded 6063-T6 aluminum alloy, sized and configured for maximum strength without unnecessary, non-functional bulk.
- Stiles and rails are joined with mitered corners and angle blocks secured by 3/8″ (9.5mm) diameter full-width galvanized steel tie rods.
- AMP (acrylic modified polyester) face sheets are .120″ (3mm) thick for durability, and never warp, split, peel, or rot.
- Face sheets are secured on all four sides by full-length integral reglets on the edges of the stiles and rails to eliminate troublesome screw-applied capping and form a truly flush door.
- Poured-in-place polyurethane core ensures impact resistance, flexural strength, and thermal insulation. In addition, it won’t absorb or be damaged by water.
- Choose from a variety of vision lite options, with or without muntins, to satisfy any architectural requirement.
- Achieve the rich look of real stained wood with our selection of natural wood stain colors.
The SL-18 features a realistic wood grain appearance without the disadvantages of a real wood door. Since the AMP surfaces cannot rust or rot and the polyurethane foam is impervious to moisture or water, our SL-18 doors provide years of long service life in environments that cause other doors to quickly deteriorate. Building types include educational, municipal, restaurant, retail and religious facilities.