Chain Operated Tech™ Shades
The Chain Operated Tech™ Shade by SKYCO offers the ideal balance between sun protection, easy operation, and value. Manually operated via a continuous, stainless steel, ball-chain loop for reliability and performance.
Our manually operated window treatments have been installed in notable projects in healthcare, places of learning, and hospitality, as well as residential and commercial projects and national chains. We use high quality clutches and components. Our chain loop is T304 stainless steel with a tensile strength of 100 lbs, and we make the chain loop continuous and completely coupler-less for the ultimate in appearance and reliability.
There are many reasons to choose manual shading solutions as they offer all of the solar protection and comfort benefits without the costs associated with motorization and wiring.
Manual shades offer excellent light and glare control with an uninterrupted view to the exterior. They protect furnishings from harsh UV damage, they add comfort and help to save energy. They are simple to use, easy to clean and are durable in all types of commercial or residential applications.
Mechanisms - Heavy Duty Patented Technology
- R16 - Type 6 Nylon w/ 3 high strength carbon steel wrap springs.
- R24 - Type 6 Nylon w/ 5 high strength carbon steel wrap springs.
- R24 Spring Assist - Type 6 Nylon w/ 3 high strength carbon steel wrap springs.
- SL20 - Fiberglass-reinforced nylon.
- SL30 - Fiberglass-reinforced nylon.
- Galaxy - Type 6 Nylon geared clutch w/ 1.6 to 1 ratio for better lifting efficiency.
- Chain - #10 Qualified Stainless Steel is standard. Color chain is available.
- Brackets - Standard brackets are .125 thick steel ceiling, rear or side mount.
- Tubes & Spline - SKYCO Shading exclusive die designs with key ways providing for simple field adjustability or changing of fabric bands. Soft PVC spline is welded onto shade band to affix shade to tube.
- 1 1/2” Tube w/ single spline key way in .065 gauge wall.
- 2 1/2” Tube w/ three spline key ways in .071 gauge wall.
- Hembar - Custom SKYCO Shading extrusion welded on 3 sides into hem pocket.
The Manual Tech Shade - R Series
- 3 sizes of clutch mechanisms for all window sizes and use
- Lift assist available on R16, R24, & Galaxy
- New geared clutch lifts 30 lbs. with 6 lbs. pull force
- Non-slip mechanism never needs adjustment
- Chain-driven - steel standard (optional - plastic)
- Left & right control Inside & outside mounting
- Without fascia standard (optional 3" or 4" fascia)
- Hembar heat welded into hem pocket on 3 sides
- Vinyl fabric to tube interconnect
- Wall, ceiling or side-mount brackets