California Code ADA Women Rest Room Sign - Black - 84943
Front office signs comply with California ADA standards
- Our offering includes individual signs and matching sign sets for installation on both doors and walls.
- All the guidance you need is provided below. If you need further assistance, please call 1-855-972-7716 and one of our product experts will guide you to the right California restroom sign you need. You can also check out our entire line of restroom signs here for gender-neutral restroom signs, bilingual ADA signs, restroom sign sets, and non-ADA restroom and bathroom signs.
- Why the dual signage?
- Signs that designate permanent rooms and spaces, or provide direction to or information about functional spaces of the building must comply with the ADA Standards for Accessible Design (ADAAG 703). This includes entrances, exits, stairways, and of course, restrooms. California, however, had long adopted accessible restroom sign requirements before the Federal ADAAG took effect in 1990.
- The Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations, also known as the California Building Standards Code or simply “Title 24", lays down all the laws that govern building construction in California including its own guidelines on accessible restroom signage. The geometric symbols used for restrooms have become so entrenched in the state’s culture and history that they stayed even when the new ADA requirements were adopted.
- How are California Title 24 signs different from the federal ADA signs?
- California signs for men’s restrooms feature a ¼"-thick equilateral triangle with 12" long edges, while those for women’s restrooms feature a ¼"-thick circle with a 12" diameter. California unisex restroom signs, meanwhile, have both the designated 12" triangle on top of the designated 12" circle. These geometric symbols are not present in Federal ADAAG restroom signs.
- California Title 24 restroom signs are placed on the door, while Federal ones are placed on the wall.
- Seton offers California restroom sign sets that include both California Code sign and its more standard ADA Braille sign counterpart. Choose restroom sign sets now and enjoy great savings!
- Call us at 1-855-972-7716 or to see our California ADA restroom signs and other ADA Braille products today!