SMARTci GreenGirt Z-Girt CMH Sub-Framing Clips
GreenGirt CMH Clips provide a best practice, one-piece, continuous insulation solution by using structural composite metal hybrid (CMH) components that provides an industry-leading thermal efficiency design and eliminates thermal bridging that occurs from through-wall metal and through-insulation fasteners.
GreenGirt CMH Clips join the building cladding and insulation to a building structure. It’s an insulated composite sub-framing component and is revolutionary in eliminating thermal bridging. In addition, GreenGirt CMH Clips are a recyclable building life product that contributes to LEED certification.
GreenGirt CMH Clips offer easy field fabrication that installs significantly faster than other systems. The one-piece design addresses the specific loads and stresses of cladding attachments. GreenGirt CMH Clips provide a universal attachment solution for nearly all cladding, substrates, and insulations.
Smarter by Design. Proven by Performance.
GreenGirt CMH Clips can be found on buildings from coast to coast - from massive transportation hubs to smaller storefronts. GreenGirt CMH Clips has been designed as an engineered solution to be cost-effective, easy to use, and thermally efficient.
The composite metal hybrid (CMH) design of GreenGirt CMH Clips is superior to steel both structurally and thermally. GreenGirt CMH Clips are designed to provide the same loading capabilities of metal z-girts of equivalent depth while eliminating through-fasteners and thermal bridging. Furthermore, GreenGirt CMH Clips are not susceptible to moisture, corrosion, or electrochemical reactions.
It is best used in exterior wall applications and is installed over solid substrates in a vertical application.
- 92-98% thermally efficient, yielding the highest R-values
- 1.5”-8” depths available
- May eliminate the need for insulation retention tools
- No through-insulation fasteners or through-metal to framing
- Meets ASCE structural design guidelines
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Installs up to 4x faster than conventional systems
- Superior fastener torque and pullout strength
- Longitudinal & crosswise strength
- ASHRAE 90.1 approved
- Thoroughly tested and approved ASTM E84 Class A rating and NFPA 285 compliant