SMARTci 2 in 1 Continuous Insulation System
The SMARTci 2 in 1 System combines the building sub-framing and continuous insulation into one cost-effective solution. Using the GreenGirt composite metal hybrid (CMH) z-girt, the SMARTci 2 in 1 System provides a thermal break and universal cladding attachment surface. Our system is designed for best practices to address the inadequacies of other continuous insulation solutions. The superior SMARTci Systems thermal efficiency leads to decreased energy costs for long-term savings. The SMARTci 2 in 1 System encompasses GreenGirt sub-framing with rigid insulation (EPS, XPS, or Polyiso).
GreenGirt: Our award-winning composite metal hybrid (CMH) z-girt and FRP Spline.
Pre-cut Rigid Insulation: Class A, foil-faced polyiso, Phenolic, or XPS insulation panels, custom profiled in factory to connect seamlessly to GreenGirt CMH z-girts.
No Thermal Bridging: SMARTci systems are designed to provide an insulation system free of metal-thermal bridging. By utilizing insulated GreenGirt composite metal hybrid (CMH) sub-framing, the thermal “short circuit“ is simply eliminated.
How It Works
The splines of our GreenGirt CMH connect to our pre-profiled rigid insulation panels, and act as sub-furring to house the continuous insulation (CI) and provides a universal cladding attachment support - ensuring zero thermal bridging. The SMARTci 2 in 1 System is attached with no through-wall fasteners or metal attachment materials penetrating through the continuous insulation, preventing cold spots for condensation inside your walls. The finished product is a high-performance CI building envelope with the highest thermal efficiency ratings available.
- Eliminates thermal bridging
- Installs up to 4x faster than conventional systems
- 92-98% thermally efficient, yielding the highest R-values
- 1.5” - 8” depths available to meet R-value building code requirements
- Reduces the amount of insulation needed to achieve desired R-values
- Can eliminate the need for insulation retention tools
- Universally compatible with all cladding and substrates
- No through-fasteners or through-metal to framing
- E84 Class A tested and NFPA 285 compliant
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) designed for optimal strength