Suspended Ceilings - SAS200
SAS200 is one of the most adaptable systems available from SAS International, ideal for bespoke applications. Modules can be manufactured in a variety of ways depending on application. The shape and size of the tiles are only limited by the inherent material properties. Each module includes a 3mm hidden gasket to aid installation, forming a shadow gap improving uniformity and overall aesthetic appeal.
SAS200 is a suspended metal ceiling system with hook-on modular tiles and concealed grid.
- Tiles can be manufactured to fit any module size and shape (within limitations of material)
- Fully demountable tiles without the need for access tool
- Square edged tiles
- Closed recess joints using a 3mm black foam, recessed gasket
- Concealed grid (SAS J-Bar suspension method)
- Minimum 25 year product life expectancy
- Ceiling tiles can be removed manually without the need for tools, allowing full access to the ceiling void.
System Weight and Size
- 10Kg/m2 (approximate weight based on 600 x 600mm tile, 36mm deep)
Note: This includes the entire system and full associated components (suspension, tile, acoustic pad and associated fixings).
STANDARD MODULE SIZES (MM) WITH STRAIGHT-EDGE TILES
Due to the inherent flexibility of the J-Bar suspension method, there are no set standard module sizes for System 200. This makes SAS200 one of the most creatively flexible systems, ideal for bespoke projects.
Tiles can be of any shape or size and manufactured in accordance with the specification. We would not recommend tiles with a surface area greater than 1m2. This is to limit the level of deflection across the tile and maintain a pleasing, flat surface.
For more information relating to bespoke tiles, please contact our technical services team.
- Coating - Polyester powder coat
- Colour - RAL 9010 (Pure White)
- Available in full range of standard RAL colours
- Anti-Microbial Coating
- Other specialist powder coat finishes are available on request. For more information on non-standard finishes, please contact our technical services team
Standard Tile Shape
Side flanges are turned up and returned in. Short flanges are formed up, turned out and down then hooked in.
In combination with the J-Bar suspension method, tiles can be of any shape. Particularly complex shapes add significant manufacturing complexity and come at a premium.
- SAS200 tiles can be supplied with any standard SAS perforation pattern.
- 1522 is a popular pattern that is available as a stock item from the factory.
(16mm deep, 80Kg density mineral-wool pad with black tissue face, foil back and sides)
Other acoustic treatments are available, depending on project requirement. Please contact our technical department for more information.
Tiles can be formed with apertures during manufacturing for integration with lighting and other services.
For loads greater than 6Kg, we would recommend using independent suspension. If you have a concern over loads, please contact our technical team for advice