Suspended Ceilings - SAS150
SAS150 offers a secure, easy to maintain ceiling with convenient, hinge down access to the ceiling void. Ceiling tiles pivot and slide within the grid, minimising damage risk during maintenance as they hang out of harm’s way. Ideally suited to areas requiring frequent maintenance, or zones with high footfall. Potential security risks can be avoided by the use of a simple clip to permanently restrict void access after installation.
SAS150 is a suspended metal ceiling system with clip-in modular tiles and concealed grid.
- Hinge down access to large areas of ceiling void
- Secure void (simple access via tool to demount tile)
- Closed butt joints with bevelled edges as standard*
- Tiles can be scrubbed without displacing ceiling
- Concealed grid (SAS Deep Omega Bar suspension method)
- Minimum 25 year product life expectancy
- The secure void is completely accessible with the use of a simple tool.
- Alternatively, in areas where security is paramount an optional security clip is available. This restricts access to the void to minimise security concerns.
- SAS Deep Omega Bar
- SAS Shallow Omega Bar
System Weight and Size
- 9Kg/m2 (approximate weight based on 600 x 600mm tile, 36mm deep)
Note: This includes the entire system and full associated components (suspension, tile, acoustic pad and associated fixings).
STANDARD MODULE SIZES (MM) WITH 4MM BEVEL TILES
300 x 300 - 300 x 600 - 300 x 900 - 300 x 1200 - 300 x 1500
500 x 500 - 500 x 1500
600 x 600 - 600 x 1200
STANDARD MODULE SIZES (MM) WITH 2MM BEVEL TILES
Bespoke tile sizes are available on request. Please contact our technical department for further information.
Square edge tiles are also available on request. However, SAS International will always recommend a bevel edge tile to improve overall system appearance. Minute differences between tiles with square edges are often exaggerated when lit, resulting in a less pleasing finish overall.
Note: Bespoke sizes do not hinge.
- Coating - Polyester powder coat
- Colour - RAL 9010 (Pure White)
- Available in full range of standard RAL colours
- Anti-Microbial Coating
Standard Tile Sizes
Tiles incorporate a hinging tab and pip locating detail. Other tile shapes are available on request, although involve a significantly higher level of manufacturing complexity. Please contact our technical department for further information.
- SAS150 tiles can be supplied with any standard SAS perforation pattern.
- 1522 is a popular pattern that is available as a stock item from the factory.
(16mm deep, 80Kg density mineral-wool pad with black tissue face, foil back and sides).
Other acoustic treatments are available, depending on project requirement. Please contact our technical department for more information.
Tiles can be formed with apertures during manufacturing for integration with lights and other services.
An SAS Pattress distributes the load of the services directly to the grid. In this way, services up to 6Kg can be supported. The tiles themselves can only support loads of no greater than 2.5Kg.
Loads greater than 6Kg we would recommend using independent suspension. If you have a concern over loads, please contact our technical team for advice.
Hinge and Slide Feature
SAS150 allows every full tile to pivot and slide along the grid system. This feature allows easy access to large areas of the ceiling void for maintenance. The tiles are retained within the ceiling grid avoiding damage and eliminating the need for storage.
Wide Span Omega Bar
The deep Omega Bar has a maximum spanning ability of 2000mm.
Because of this, the ceiling system requires 25% less primary channels, top fixings and brackets, saving installation time and materials.
Note: Suspension centres should be reduced when using high performing dB panels due to the additional weight / loads applied to the system.
Closure trims enable floating rafts and ceilings to be created using a standard clip in ceiling tile. Further details are available from the technical department.