Service Integration - Service Bulkheads
Bulkheads are a common means of visually and physically linking one level of an interior to another. This traversing between levels is usually from a ceiling to a floor-plate immediately above. Our metal bulkhead systems comprise a series of panels in a variety of styles, shapes and finishes.
Metal bulkheads are a durable, hard wearing and versatile means of linking ceilings to other building elements.
- Can incorporate all service functions including lighting, air extraction and so on
- Prefabricated offsite allowing for lower installation costs compared to traditional methods
- Can reduce site wastage when compared to wet trades
- Provides considered design features whilst maintaining continuity with the ceiling finish
Service bulkheads allow complete access throughout a building as desired. They can be designed to integrate any services such as lighting, CCTV, signage, sprinklers and smoke detectors.
Service bulkhead systems will vary in weight, depending on specification and project requirements. Bulkheads incorporating lighting and other electrical services will have significantly higher loads.
Please contact our technical design team for best practice guidance.
- Coating - Polyester powder coat
- Colour - RAL 9010 (Pure White)
- Available in full range of standard RAL colours
- Anti-bacterial Coating (SAS AB)
System Shape & Size
Metal bulkheads are available in any size and shape and provide functional M&E service integration.
They can be manufactured to design requirements including curves, upstands, angled, ‘S’ and bull-nose forms.
Bulkhead Closure Panel Detail
Bulkhead closure panels enable floating rafts and ceilings to be created using a standard clip in ceiling tile.
The height of the closure panels can be manufactured to suit the project requirements. Further details are available from our technical department.