Protective Casings & Panels - Spandrel Panels
Spandrel panels integrate with the ceiling of the floor beneath, providing a co-ordinated and aesthetically pleasing appearance. They provide a durable solution to finish structural spans, in areas such as atria or other open voids.
SAS spandrel panels are designed to integrate with all of our metal solutions.
- Seamless integration with other SAS metal systems
- Highly durable and impact resistant
- Simple, affordable maintenance
- Variety of size, shape and coloured panels (RAL)
- Minimum 25 year product life expectancy
- Channel & Pin
- Gravity back
System Weight and Size
The weight of the system depends entirely on the backing materials required to achieve the specification.STANDARD PANEL SIZES (MM)
Tiles can be of any shape or size and manufactured in accordance with the specification. We would not recommend tiles with a surface area greater than 1m2. This is to limit the level of deflection across the tile and maintain a pleasing, flat surface.
- Coating - Polyester powder coat
- Colour - RAL 9010 (Pure White)
- Available in full range of standard RAL colours
- Anti-bacterial Coating (SAS AB)
- Anti-graffiti Coating (SAS AG)
Standard Panel Shape
Spandrel panels can be of any shape and curved if desired, depending on the specification and desired aesthetic. Particularly complex shapes add significant manufacturing complexity and come at a premium.
Although typically plain, if required spandrel panels can be perforated to suit applications. Any of the standard SAS perforation patterns are suitable.
If an acoustic solution is required, perforated spandrel panels can be supplied with acoustic backings to achieve desired results. There are a variety of acoustically performing materials that can be specified, depending on reverberation times. Please contact our technical team if you have any questions relating to total room acoustics.