HomeSafe® Security Shutters & Screens
In addition to home security screens, rolling shutters are available to provide protection from severe weather and sun damage. Aesthetically pleasing and subtle, HomeSafe® rollup shutters are invisible from the inside when installed on the exterior of a home.
Hurricane-approved, HomeSafe shutters are available in several attractive options. QMI rolling shutters are designed to fit the smallest box housing in the industry, which allows for a more subtle look and smaller space. HomeSafe also offers curved, beveled, or square housings to blend into your homes architecture.
Battery operated systems are also available.
HomeSafe security screens provide high-quality home security and storm protection. Perfect for windows and patios, HomeSafe screens are beautifully designed and quality assured. QMI security screens are only slightly darker than a regular bug screen, but provide superior protection.
Screens are quality tested to ensure they discourage burglars and deflect flying debris.
- Prevents break-ins
- Screens and shutters available
- Reduces sun damage
- Control options available
- Reduces outside noise
- Helps prevent water damage
- Smallest box housing available
- Protects against extreme temperatures
Shutter Controls & Options
QMI shutters have a non-slip hinge, which allows for the use of a torsion spring inside the tube opposite the control mechanism.
The spring assist has many advantages to standard shutter controls.
Manual Gear / Crank
The spring assist neutralizes the weight and enables gear operation for larger shutters and requires less effort to rotate the hand crank.
- up to 65 sq ft (6.5 sq meters)
Manual Push-up / Pull-down
Where most shutters require motors, the QMI spring-operated shutter allows for push up/pull down operation. This saves on both shutter and electrical costs. Large spring-operated shutters are useful for entry doors, as egress (life safety) issues are not a concern. Simple base-slat locks enable security, but allow for escape during fire or power failures. Spring operation is available up to 130 sq ft (13 sq meters) without motors or gears.
Solar Powered Operation
Enjoy energy savings from a roller shutter that does not add to your energy cost. Because of its spring-loaded tube, QMI shutters require less power for operation. This makes it possible to operate with a solar-powered battery.
Motorized with Line Voltage (120v) (220v)
The torsion spring allows for smaller motors and extends motor life. It also acts as a safety feature that prohibits a failed motor to allow a shutter curtain to free-fall.
- up to 170 sq ft (16,2 sq meters) w/tube motors
- up to 300 sq ft (30 sq meters) w/external motors
Hz/RTS Remote Control
- Available in single and multi-channel applications
- No need to aim the control at the motorized window covering, the radio signal travels through walls similar to a garage door opener
- Provides the ability to control motorized window coverings individually and/or by group with one control
- Offers a range of 65 ft (22 m) for easy operation
EZ Drive Low Voltage Motor (14.4v)
- One smart drive controller operates multiple shutters
- Rechargeable battery power - no worries about power failure
- Solar use possible
- up to 65 sq ft (6.5 sq meters)
Housings, Side Tracks & Curtain Colors
- Custom colors available with additional lead time. Not all colors are available in all styles.
- Consult actual manufacturer product samples for exact color representation.
Box Housing Styles
QMI Security Solutions
1661 Glenlake Ave.
Itasca, IL 60143
Tollfree: (866) 980-1744
Tel: (630) 529-7111
International: 00 1 630 529 7111
Web site: http://www.qmiusa.com