Aluminum Ships Stairs
These stairs provide a comfortable climb with a pitch in the range of 60° - 70° and an ample clear tread size of 5 3/16” x 30”. A handrail of 1 1/2” diameter is also provided. Load capacity is 1,000 pounds.
The two most important features of Precision’s Ships Stairs are easy installation and no maintenance. The relative weight of these units compared to a steel unit makes it a breeze to install and as with the FL series ladders, its aluminum construction also makes it virtually maintenance free. A Ships Stair is an ideal solution for mezzanine access or, when combined with a Precision Roof Hatch, for roof access from interior of building.
Some important characteristics of these ladders are:
- All components shall be aluminum alloy 6005-T5
- Stringers are 5″ x 2″ x 3/16″ aluminum channel
- Treads are from the same extrusion used on our Super Simplex Disappearing Stairway, 5-3/16″ x 1-1/4″ x 1/8″ extruded channel with deeply serrated surface to maximize traction in a 30″ clear width
- Handrails are 1-1/4″ schedule 40 pipe
- Mill finish aluminum
- Available in pitches from 60 degrees to 70 degrees
Available as options:
- Wider tread widths up to 48″ maximum
- Other finishes: anodized, powder coated
- Bar grating treads