PlastiSpan® HD Hydronic Insulation
PlastiSpan HD hydronic insulation is a Type 2, expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation used as the insulation component in radiant floor heating systems. Hydronic heating can heat your basement or garage floor, and melt snow and ice from your walkways and driveways.
PlastiSpan HD Hydronic Insulation offers you ease of installation and a time saving opportunity to help you install a radiant floor heating system. PlastiSpan HD Hydronic insulation is your first component in this system to minimize heat loss, allow uniform heat distribution to the floor area and ensures the floor will be warmed faster. Different thicknesses of PlastiSpan HD Hydronic Insulation and tubing are available for your project.
PlastiSpan HD hydronic insulation also incorporates supports for the hydronic tubing. The supports ensure that hydronic tubing is held in position until the concrete floor is placed. The hydronic tubing cast into the concrete slab and PlastiSpan HD hydronic insulation beneath the concrete slab ensures that heat is spread uniformly throughout the entire floor area.
The closed cellular structure of PlastiSpan HD hydronic board provides excellent resistance to moisture and the long-term insulating value is not subject to thermal drift, because it contains no HCFC's or HFC's.
PlastiSpan HD Hydronic Insulation is code listed with CCMC 12425-L and meets the requirements of CAN ULC S701.1, Type 2.
- Available in 48”x48”; 2 ft high bundles
- 1, 1 ½, 2, 2 ½, 3, 4 in. Thicknesses with Special order sizes available upon request
PlastiSpan® HD Hydronic is designed to hold 1/2" tubing, with 5/8" tubing channels available upon request.
Why PlastiSpan® HD Hydronic Insulation
- Meets all building code requirements
- Thermal resistance - RSI 0.70/25 mm (R-value 4.04/inch)
- Closed cell insulation resists moisture
- Easy to cut and install
- Maintains R-value
- No mechanical attachment of hydronic tubing is required.
- Provides monolithic insulation layer ensures uniform heat distribution
- Floor area will be noticeably warmer to anyone standing on it
- Insulation installs quickly and easily with no special skills, tools or equipment required
- Energy efficient method of constructing a heated basement floor slab