PlastiSpan® 40 Insulation
PlastiSpan 40 insulation is a closed cell expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation that meets or exceeds the requirements of CAN ULC S701.1, Standard for Thermal Insulation, Polystyrene, Boards and Pipe Covering. PlastiSpan 40 insulation closed cell structure resists water absorption (less than 2% water absorption) so it will retain its R-value even in applications where severe temperature differentials occur.
PlastiSpan 40 insulation provides a minimum compressive resistance of 276 kPa (40 psi). The high compressive resistance makes it ideal for use in applications where heavy loads are expected such as low temperature freezer floor or highway construction. Due to its high compressive strength, PlastiSpan 40 insulation resists compressive creep and fatigue to deliver specified compressive resistance on the long term.
PlastiSpan 40 Insulation is code listed with CCMC 12426-L and exceeds the requirements of CAN ULC S701.1, Type 3.
PlastiSpan 40 insulation complies with the requirements of CAN/ULC-S701, Standard for Thermal Insulation, Polystyrene, Boards and Pipe Covering, the National Standard of Canada for expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation.
- Available in 2x8 ft, 4x8 ft; 2 ft high bundles
- 1, 1 ½, 2, 2 ½, 3 in. plus special order sizes and thicknesses to meet job sizes
Why PlastiSpan® 40 Insulation
- Meets/exceeds all building code requirements
- Thermal resistance - RSI 0.75/25 mm (R-value 4.30/inch)
- Closed cell insulation resists moisture
- Easy to cut and install
- Maintains R-value
- Compressive Strength 40 psi
- No thermal drift
- Less than 2% water absorption