PlastiSpan® 30 Insulation
PlastiSpan® 30 insulation is a closed cell expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation that exceeds the requirements of CAN ULC S701.1. With an R-value of 4.3 per inch PlastiSpan 30 has a compressive resistance of 30 psi. The closed cell structure of PlastiSpan 30 insulation resists water absorption so it will retain its R-value even in applications where severe temperature differentials occur and moderate loads are expected.
PlastiSpan 30 insulation’s minimum compressive resistance of 30 psi makes it ideal to insulate low temperature freezer floors or for use in other applications where moderate loads are expected. By incorporating PlastiSpan 30 insulation into your project as a continuous insulation solution, you are able to eliminate thermal bridging; increasing your total effective RSI/R-value, effectively reducing energy costs and increasing your energy savings.
PlastiSpan 30 Insulation is code listed with CCMC 12426-L and exceeds the requirements of CAN ULC S701.1, Type 3.
PlastiSpan 30 insulation complies with the requirements of CAN/ULC-S701, Standard for Thermal Insulation, Polystyrene, Boards and Pipe Covering, the National Standard of Canada for expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation.
- Available in 2x8 ft, 4x8 ft; 2 ft high bundles
- 1, 1 ½, 2, 2 ½, 3 in. plus special order sizes and thicknesses to meet job sizes
Why PlastiSpan® 30 Insulation
- Meets/exceeds all building code requirements
- Thermal resistance - RSI 0.74/25 mm (R-value 4.3/inch)
- Closed cell insulation resists moisture
- Lightweight, Easy to cut and install
- Maintains R-value
- Compressive resistance 30 psi
- No thermal drift