GeoVoid® Compressible Fill
GeoVoid compressible fill material is an expanded polystyrene product designed to act as a compressible medium between swelling soils and structural elements. Where long-term soil movement can be predicted, GeoVoid compressible fill material can be designed to reduce the forces that would be induced on structures by soil movement, thus reducing the likelihood of damage to the structure above. GeoVoid design for each application is based on the thickness and depth of the GeoVoid compressible fill material which is unaffected by water, does not support vermin or insects, and the dimensions can be easily adjusted on the job site.
The honeycomb style design of the GeoVoid compressible fill material makes it lightweight and easy to work with on-site. GeoVoid compressible fill material is light, easy to handle, and is not subject to deterioration like corrugated paper void form products. And unlike corrugated paper products, GeoVoid does not need to be covered with polyethylene for moisture protection, saving crews a step during installation.
Why GeoVoid® Compressible Fill
- GeoVoid compressible fill material is designed specifically to meet the structure requirements for each application.
- GeoVoid is available in a range of compressive resistance to permit design for light structural to heavy structural elements.
- GeoVoid design criteria are provided for each application in the design summary for review by the engineer.
- GeoVoid is not affected by the presence of water on the short term nor is it dependent on the presence of water in the long term.
- Reduces potential forces on structural slabs due to soil expansion
- Designed to meet specific requirements for each application
- Supports expected construction live loads & the weight of concrete floor slabs
- Dimensions can be adjusted easily on the job-site