EnerSpan® EFS Insulation
The material properties of EnerSpan® EFS insulation used as a component in exterior insulation and finish systems meet or exceed the requirements for expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation as specified in CAN ULC S701.1. EnerSpan is manufactured using Neopor® provided by BASF, a graphite-enhanced raw material that reduces radiation heat transfer resulting in higher thermal resistance (R-value).
EnerSpan EFS insulation is manufactured under a stringent quality control program to meet the requirements of EIFS manufacturers that includes third party certification of material properties. EnerSpan EFS insulation can be supplied to any thickness required to provide specified thermal resistance (R-Value) and special shapes can be provided that will create the style or form needed for the building.
With an R-value of 4.7 per inch, EnerSpan helps you achieve your desired R-value with a thinner board. EnerSpan insulation is easy to work with and install, and consistently delivers the highest true R-value performance over time. This high-performing insulation is breathable, while the closed-cell structure does not support the growth of mold, while adapting to all climate zones.
Why EnerSpan® EFS Insulation
- Easy to cut and install
- Meets all building code requirements
- Closed cell insulation
- No Thermal Drift
- Compressive Resistance of 10 psi
- A True R-value of 4.7 per inch
- Resistant to moisture
- Uses up to 30% less material than other rigid foam insulation to achieve the same R-value, saving on building materials and installation labor
- Thinner boards are needed to reach the desired R-value than others so the same effect is achieved with less material