EnerSpan® 40 Insulation
EnerSpan 40 insulation provides a minimum compressive resistance of 276 kPa (40 psi). The high compressive resistance makes it ideal for use in applications where heavy loads are expected such as low temperature freezer floor or highway construction. Due to its high compressive strength, EnerSpan 40 insulation resists compressive creep and fatigue to deliver specified compressive resistance on the long term.
EnerSpan 40 insulation is manufactured using Neopor® provided by BASF, a graphite-enhanced raw material that reduces radiation heat transfer resulting in higher thermal resistance (R-value) compared to standard CAN ULC S701.1, Type 3 EPS insulation.
With an R-value of 4.7 per inch, EnerSpan 40 helps you achieve your desired R-value with a thinner board. EnerSpan 40 insulation is easy to work with and install, and consistently delivers the highest true R-value performance over time. This high-performing insulation is breathable, while the closed-cell structure does not support the growth of mold, while adapting to all climate zones. With the higher compressive strength of 30 psi, EnerSpan 40 is a versatile insulation product that can be used in a wide range of applications, but it ideal when higher compressive resistance is required.
Why EnerSpan® 40 Insulation
- Closed-cell structure is moisture resistant to provide long-term durability
- Compressive Resistance of 40 psi
- Thermal resistance of True R-value of 4.7 per inch
- Closed cell insulation resists moisture
- Easy to cut and install
- Permanent R-value
- Increases energy efficiency for reduced heating and cooling costs
- Can be used for retrofit or new construction
- Uses up to 30% less material than other rigid foam insulation to achieve the same R-value, saving on building materials and installation labor
- Thinner boards are needed to reach the desired R-value than others so the same effect is achieved with less material
- Adaptable and versatile