EnerSpan® 20 Insulation
EnerSpan 20 insulation is manufactured using Neopor® provided by BASF, a graphite-enhanced raw material that reduces radiation heat transfer resulting in higher thermal resistance (R-value) compared to standard CAN ULC S701.1, Type 2 EPS insulation.
With an R-value of 4.7 per inch, EnerSpan 20 helps you achieve your desired R-value with a thinner board. EnerSpan 20 insulation is easy to work with and install, and consistently delivers the highest true R-value performance over time. This high-performing insulation is breathable, while the closed-cell structure does not support the growth of mold, while adapting to all climate zones. With the higher compressive strength of 20 psi, EnerSpan 20 is a versatile insulation product that can be used in a wide range of applications, but it ideal when higher compressive resistance is required.
EnerSpan 20EPS is a closed cell, rigid foam plastic insulation that maintains its R-value for the life of the product. When applied as continuous insulation over foundations, walls and roofs, EnerSpan 20 insulation is a cost-effective solution that eliminates thermal bridging, increasing your total R-value.
Available in 2x8 ft. and 4x8 ft., 2 ft. high bundles
Thicknesses of ¾, 1, 1 ½, 2, 2 ½ , 3, 3 ½ , 4 inches, Plus special order sizes and thickness to meet job
Why EnerSpan® 20 Insulation
- Meets all building code requirements
- Compressive Resistance of 20 psi
- Thermal resistance of True R-value of 4.7 per inch
- Closed cell insulation resists moisture
- Easy to cut and install
- Permanent R-value
- Increases energy efficiency for reduced heating and cooling costs
- Can be used for retrofit or new construction
- Uses up to 30% less material than other rigid foam insulation to achieve the same R-value, saving on building materials and installation labor
- Thinner boards are needed to reach the desired R-value than others so the same effect is achieved with less material